What it takes for forced induction and much more... - Page 77 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #2661
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Sounds like the lifters are bleeding off.
Are they old?
Hey there welcome back!..we've been waiting for your opinion. I believe they are the original lifters. He started a new thread on it with all the info.
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #2662
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
Hey there welcome back!..we've been waiting for your opinion. I believe they are the original lifters. He started a new thread on it with all the info.
Thanks, busy day with my honey do duties.
I'll look for the thread.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #2663
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Thanks, busy day with my honey do duties.
I'll look for the thread.
Right on...”roller rockers and lifters help” thread
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #2664
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
I've never heard of this.. Your lifters can loose prime? On a car that was started recently. That sucks o'well your carbed easy job.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #2665
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
I've never heard of this.. Your lifters can loose prime? On a car that was started recently. That sucks o'well your carbed easy job.
Yeah it won't be to bad. It will be a winter project though. I also keep getting dirty thoughts of custom ground cam. Hmmmm...
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #2666
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
I have heard of them slightly loosing prime. Even my buddies 05 gto with only 17k miles on it. If it sits for a period of time, there will be a real small clatter that goes away really quick, but its definitely there.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #2667
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Yeah it won't be to bad. It will be a winter project though. I also keep getting dirty thoughts of custom ground cam. Hmmmm...
There used to be a guy in Rhode Island I think, that was an absolute genius at choosing and custom grinding cams for almost any use in the 5.0 HO. I can't for the life of me remember his name or shop name right now, but hopefully it will pop into my head soon so I can check and see if he is still in business. He can/could choose and do the best grind for you I'm sure.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #2668
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

There used to be a guy in Rhode Island I think, that was an absolute genius at choosing and custom grinding cams for almost any use in the 5.0 HO. I can't for the life of me remember his name or shop name right now, but hopefully it will pop into my head soon so I can check and see if he is still in business. He can/could choose and do the best grind for you I'm sure.
hells yeah. let me know if you can remember. i personally have never bought or used a custom grind. but i believe it would be the best option.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #2669
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
hells yeah. let me know if you can remember. i personally have never bought or used a custom grind. but i believe it would be the best option.
Well it took a while but I found him, Ed Curtis from Coventry, Rhode Island.
He is mentioned in this article - Pure Street Mustang Engine - Drag Racing Engine Combo - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Here is Ed's Speed Shop - FlowTech Induction

And here's another article that might help - The Right Camshaft For Your Ford Mustang - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #2670
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Well it took a while but I found him, Ed Curtis from Coventry, Rhode Island.
He is mentioned in this article - Pure Street Mustang Engine - Drag Racing Engine Combo - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

And here's another article that might help - The Right Camshaft For Your Ford Mustang - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
sweet. sounds like he knows his ish. i will look more into him. thanx!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2671
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
sweet. sounds like he knows his ish. i will look more into him. thanx!
You were posting while I was editing, I added a link to his shop too.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #2672
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
cool . bookmarked!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #2673
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
cool . bookmarked!
Me too, I'm definitely going to contact him about a few things when I start installing the SC and other go fast goodies.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #2674
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Hey, looking through Ed's site I ran across these MLS gaskets by Mr Gasket. They do not require a specific finish on the heads or block to work like the Cometic gaskets do. I think I might give them a try.



Quote:
Mr. Gasket MLS SB Ford Head Gaskets
These MLS Head Gaskets seal extreme cylinder pressure in high-compression, turbo and supercharged and nitrous engines.

Made from viton-coated spring steel, the two embossed outer layers and inner spacer provide excellent stability and a tight, leakproof seal from cylinder head to engine block.

The gaskets withstand shearing forces from bimetal (aluminum/iron) head and cast iron block combinations.

Fits Cylinder Bore Size: 4.030 inch

Compressed Thickness: 0.040 inch

Compressed Volume: 8.361cc

Limited Lifetime Warranty
Highest Grade Materials - MLS Head Gaskets are made from high grade Stainless steel materials. Each layer is individually formed using a state of the art laser cutting process and embossing formation.
Cutting-Edge Production Technology - our formation process uses soft radius forming to improve conformability and reduce stress points in the gasket, resulting more sealing capabilities.
Stress Relaxed - all gaskets are tempered to relax stresses from the forming process which improves torque retention and gasket performance.
Torque Retention - will not creep down and holds shape even after heat cycles.
Proprietary Coating - our coatings are applied after the formation process to ensure entire coverage of each of the outer layers and no break in the coating. These coatings offer resistance to oxidations from chemicals and do not require special surfacing techniques.
*Sold 1 per package
PART NUMBER: 3176G
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #2675
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Hey, looking through Ed's site I ran across these MLS gaskets by Mr Gasket. They do not require a specific finish on the heads or block to work like the Cometic gaskets do. I think I might give them a try.
Perfect. That's the problem with the others. Who wants to drop there block off to get machined just for a specific head gasket. That is unless your having it decked anyways.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #2676
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
I've been gone way too long. Going through a divorce right now I will be back in action soon. Traded the twin turbo 87'. BTW. I have a 90' lx hatch now with a dart 408 stroker fully built everything with a 250 shot. Runs 5.7's in the eighth.. Street legal full interior.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #2677
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
I've been gone way too long. Going through a divorce right now I will be back in action soon. Traded the twin turbo 87'. BTW. I have a 90' lx hatch now with a dart 408 stroker fully built everything with a 250 shot. Runs 5.7's in the eighth.. Street legal full interior.
You are crazy man. You are a trading addict! Oh btw pics or it didn't happen.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #2678
Filibuster
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,656
Yeah jeeezuss what'd you have the last one for like a month?..
Yup we'll be needing some pics of the 90!!..lol
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #2679
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
You guys don't have a clue!! I'm a hustling mother ****er. Lol. Pics in a sec.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

And I think I will have a video up tomorrow. Alot going on right now.
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #2680
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000 View Post
I've been gone way too long. Going through a divorce right now I will be back in action soon. Traded the twin turbo 87'. BTW. I have a 90' lx hatch now with a dart 408 stroker fully built everything with a 250 shot. Runs 5.7's in the eighth.. Street legal full interior.
Sorry your going through a divorce!

You nutty little HP trading freak! Haha! Just kidding around. So, would technically be a hybrid? Dodge and Ford? --><--
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #2681
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
You guys don't have a clue!! I'm a hustling mother ****er. Lol. Pics in a sec.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

And I think I will have a video up tomorrow. Alot going on right now.
Sorry to hear that man.

We should take this over to dream Weaver when you get us some eye and nose candy.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #2682
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Sorry your going through a divorce!

You nutty little HP trading freak! Haha! Just kidding around. So, would technically be a hybrid? Dodge and Ford? --><--
Lol Dart is a performance company that makes blocks. A 408 dart SB is just a 408 stroker that started as a Dart 351 w block. They're blocks are probably the best money can buy. Pretty indestructible.
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #2683
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Lol, DOH!
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #2684
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Lol, DOH!
Yeah silly! Lol
The dart block is what all of us 5.0 guys dream about. Its even more stout than the boss block!
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #2685
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blown347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 254
Yea wish I had a grand or so to just buy a dart block. :'( one day
__________________

1992 Fox 5.0 S/C 347, The Beast!
1995 GT 5.0 all stock, 168k miles, the beater!
1998 Cobra, Atlantic Blue, 21k orig miles, all original!
Blown347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #2686
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post

Yeah silly! Lol
The dart block is what all of us 5.0 guys dream about. Its even more stout than the boss block!
That is funny cause I wasn't kiddin round neither :duh:
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 AM   #2687
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Can't remember where at, but discussing fuel and octane boosters here's some links on how to choose the correct fuel and what you should know

How To Pick The Right Racing Fuel With VP Racing Fuels - Dragzine

What You REALLY Should Know About Racing Fuel - Dragzine
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #2688
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
Can't remember where at, but discussing fuel and octane boosters here's some links on how to choose the correct fuel and what you should know

How To Pick The Right Racing Fuel With VP Racing Fuels - Dragzine

What You REALLY Should Know About Racing Fuel - Dragzine
Cool. I will check them out. Should be interesting.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:03 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.