94-95 GT Build stickers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
94-95 GT Build stickers

A little help please.
I asked this question in another thread with no luck so here goes.
On the passenger side valve cover there is a white sticker with some numbers, which is just ID numbers I guess. But in one corner there is a big +10 on it. Anyone know what this means? I've searched the Internet but maybe I'm not holding my face right?? Could this be +HP or +TQ? a tolerance? +10 min or miles on a test? +10MPG? Could it just be something Ford uses internally?
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
I know I searched before to no avail. Guess I'll try some more for ya since it's been on the back of my mind since you asked.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
A little help please.
I asked this question in another thread with no luck so here goes.
On the passenger side valve cover there is a white sticker with some numbers, which is just ID numbers I guess. But in one corner there is a big +10 on it. Anyone know what this means? I've searched the Internet but maybe I'm not holding my face right?? Could this be +HP or +TQ? a tolerance? +10 min or miles on a test? +10MPG? Could it just be something Ford uses internally?

All I could find was that it is a decal off of a 1995 Cobra R
It is the engine calibration code, so it could mean +10 degrees advance on the timing maybe?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Can you find a used passenger valve cover?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Never mind i missunderstood i assumed you wanted a replacement decal
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

All I could find was that it is a decal off of a 1995 Cobra R
It is the engine calibration code, so it could mean +10 degrees advance on the timing maybe?
That would be the sticker! I will try to email customer service to see maybe if they know what everything means! Thanks! Did not even think to look on LMR!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
That would be the sticker! I will try to email customer service to see maybe if they know what everything means! Thanks! Did not even think to look on LMR!
You're Welcome.
I spent 30-45 minutes searching, but that was the best info I could find.
All kinds of vin and engine block decoders, but no calibration decal decoders.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
I tried searching one for a GT on LMR to no avail. Thanks again though!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
I tried searching one for a GT on LMR to no avail. Thanks again though!

Dang it!
Post a picture of your decal and I'll keep looking around.
As much info as there is on the net you just know it is on there somewheres, but finding where "there" is can be a pain some times.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
It maybe tomorrow as it will be dark at my break time, but I'll try any way.. It looks identical to that 'R' model decal you posted w/ diff numbers I assume(except the +10). but I will still take a pic.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
It maybe tomorrow as it will be dark at my break time, but I'll try any way.. It looks identical to that 'R' model decal you posted w/ diff numbers I assume(except the +10). but I will still take a pic.
Ok that will be fine.
I want to compare them and see if it makes a little more sense to me.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1213780941.png
Views:	156
Size:	752.4 KB
ID:	32216



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3836409293.png
Views:	161
Size:	752.7 KB
ID:	32217



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-296514130.png
Views:	159
Size:	743.7 KB
ID:	32218

Here ya go. I can take more in the day time if ya want better ones
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

could it mean timing at ten degrees advanced?
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Here ya go. I can take more in the day time if ya want better ones
Those were fine.
I did quite a bit more research and still came up empty though.
I did find some for older Ford cars, but nothing comparable or useful.
They are also called Paper Engine Tags is about the only thing I learned.
You might try asking at a Ford dealership as a last resort.

Sorry,
TH
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Cool TH, thanks for the effort man. I'm going to send some emails and stop by the local dealership. When(not if) I find out I will post the details.. Someone knows, and this has peaked my curiosity.
If anyone comes up with anything feel free to chime in.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Brett Greene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Cool TH, thanks for the effort man. I'm going to send some emails and stop by the local dealership. When(not if) I find out I will post the details.. Someone knows, and this has peaked my curiosity.
If anyone comes up with anything feel free to chime in.
Timing is set 10 degree more. The last half of the year were made like this.
__________________
Brett the best Greene
Brett Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene

Timing is set 10 degree more. The last half of the year were made like this.
I understand timing and how it works, just wondering what FoMoCo's reasoning behind this was....?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Also I will assume you have this on good authority and I thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I also wonder if the mark on the distributor represent the normal base timing or the +10 base timing. Right now I have the marks lined up.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

I understand timing and how it works, just wondering what FoMoCo's reasoning behind this was....?

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Also I will assume you have this on good authority and I thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

I also wonder if the mark on the distributor represent the normal base timing or the +10 base timing. Right now I have the marks lined up.
We have the same color car.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #18
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
Timing is set 10 degree more. The last half of the year were made like this.

10 degrees more than what?
The base timing is set at 10 degrees advanced which would be +10.
Then the computer controls the advancement and retardation as needed from there.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

10 degrees more than what?
The base timing is set at 10 degrees advanced which would be +10.
Then the computer controls the advancement and retardation as needed from there.
If it were +10 on top of the base +10, would be 20 degrees initial advance. Which would require premium fuel among other considerations...? Also that would make the total timing way too high, like over 40?? Total timing should be in the mid 30's right??
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #20
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
If it were +10 on top of the base +10, would be 20 degrees initial advance. Which would require premium fuel among other considerations...? Also that would make the total timing way too high, like over 40?? Total timing should be in the mid 30's right??
Yes, that was my point.
It cannot be +10 on top of the base timing.

And of course our assumption that it even refers to timing may be way off base.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
I had thought originally may refer to bore or stroke, but in that case it would be .010 or something of that nature.
Was actually hoping by this point someone would chime in with "well mine say's X"
X=something different then 10
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
82 GT w/ and w/o AC say 12+
84 SVO says +10
83 GT 5spd says 10+
95 Cobra R says +10
85 GT 5spd says +12
84 GT EFI says nothing relevant
86 GT says +10

Beginning to think it's just a ref to base timing

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
82 GT w/ and w/o AC say 12+
84 SVO says +10
83 GT 5spd says 10+
95 Cobra R says +10
85 GT 5spd says +12
84 GT EFI says nothing relevant
86 GT says +10

Beginning to think it's just a ref to base timing
These are off the engine calibration code decals on Latemodelrestoration.com
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #23
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

I agree. Your research certainly points in that direction.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
I still want to know for sure and await replies to my email(s).
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #25
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Yeah, surely someone out there knows.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
I joined the forums on LRS, but having trouble posting from my phone. Guess I have to break out the laptop

__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #27
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Utah
Posts: 1
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

I have a 1994 Mustang GT Convert with the same +10 sticker
__________________
Paul
Happy TRAils/NSd
1994 Mustang GT Convertible
pegasus1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
wc3john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 692
Re: 94-95 GT Build stickers

Im pretty sure it just means base timing at 10 degrees advanced. What ford windsor v-8 ISNT advanced ten degrees for base timing?
__________________


I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing Stickers?! KaleoV6 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 14 10-14-2011 09:55 AM
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
Tryin to build up my 94 GT 5.0 sweet94GT General Car Discussion 0 07-26-2011 06:09 PM
1966 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Raffle to Protect Children jdipietro ME Site Help & Announcements 1 07-01-2011 05:43 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.