Hesatation problem/intake pop sometimes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Hesatation problem/intake pop sometimes

Okay so I was on my way home from work and I noticed my car was a little hesitating a little bit like a sputter sort of but after 2,200 rpms it's clears out and runs run and the popping happens every so often low rpm's timing checked out okay, plugs wires everything is I'n good shape. Could this be a vacuum leak?
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Hesatation problem/intake pop sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Okay so I was on my way home from work and I noticed my car was a little hesitating a little bit like a sputter sort of but after 2,200 rpms it's clears out and runs run and the popping happens every so often low rpm's timing checked out okay, plugs wires everything is I'n good shape. Could this be a vacuum leak?
Yes it could be, check your egr too and make sure it is working and the diaphragm does not have a hole in it.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Okay well I noticed the line I'n the Pcv s cracked at the end that goes to the upper intake manifold I pulled the line and a lot of oil cam out like poured down my valve cover that's not normal
Is it
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Hesatation problem/intake pop sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04machazblue View Post
Okay well I noticed the line I'n the Pcv s cracked at the end that goes to the upper intake manifold I pulled the line and a lot of oil cam out like poured down my valve cover that's not normal
Is it
No, it isn't normal for a lot of oil to be in there.
That could be a sign of bad rings or maybe the screen is missing from the PCV port in the lower manifold.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT