exaust and intake Q - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Question exaust and intake Q

pretty sure ima upgrade my shorties and x to l/t and x...but dont know what muff to do...i have flows 40's and i like them but i want a lil louder...was looking at slp loudmouths 1 but looks like it is too loud so idk suggestions plz idk if i should do spintech, bassani, slp, mac...idk so many to choose from...what should i go with.

and side note i got a ported typhoon intake off a fox from a freind and what are disadvantages and advantages from putting that on right no...its a full bolt on 95 5.0 with exasht. stock cam intrs heads jus bolt ons.now ik ima have to buy throttle body adapter but thats fine im talking bout the motor getting whatever extra air from that ported intake will that do any thing bad??
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
I have Mac, maybe a little louder and a better tone. Have Mac cat back including tailpipes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: exaust and intake Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
pretty sure ima upgrade my shorties and x to l/t and x...but dont know what muff to do...i have flows 40's and i like them but i want a lil louder...was looking at slp loudmouths 1 but looks like it is too loud so idk suggestions plz idk if i should do spintech, bassani, slp, mac...idk so many to choose from...what should i go with.

and side note i got a ported typhoon intake off a fox from a freind and what are disadvantages and advantages from putting that on right no...its a full bolt on 95 5.0 with exasht. stock cam intrs heads jus bolt ons.now ik ima have to buy throttle body adapter but thats fine im talking bout the motor getting whatever extra air from that ported intake will that do any thing bad??
If you want loud you can go with the Flowmaster single chamber mufflers - Super 10 Series

Or Flow tech has the - Warlock Bypass Series

Installing the intake now won't have much positive effect on your engine until you have installed other supporting modifications. At worst it may negatively affect your low end power a bit.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: exaust and intake Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
If you want loud you can go with the Flowmaster single chamber mufflers - Super 10 Series

Or Flow tech has the - Warlock Bypass Series

Installing the intake now won't have much positive effect on your engine until you have installed other supporting modifications. At worst it may negatively affect your low end power a bit.
so the intake will afect my low end power??
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
That one will with out the heads and cam to match the flow.. MAF, injectors etc

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT