Intake clearance help!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #1

Region: New Mexico
Intake clearance help!!

Can I use a TFS track heat upper/lower intake with a 3/8" spacer and clear the stock hood? Will a 1" spacer fit?
5.0Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Intake clearance help!!

Not sure, use some playdoh on top of your stock intake to see how much clearance you have, then figure out how much higher the new parts are than stock.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have the same intake and I it the 3/8 spacer and it fit under the stock hood
91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Should fit fine under the short block 302, not sure bout a long block.

But do as Trojan said, the playdoh/clay is the easiest way to tell.!
TrickFlow94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #5

Region: New Mexico
Thank you guys again for the quick responses! Hopefully ill have some dyno numbers soon for your consumption
5.0Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickFlow94 View Post
Should fit fine under the short block 302, not sure bout a long block.

But do as Trojan said, the playdoh/clay is the easiest way to tell.!
You really have no idea what a short block and long block are... do you?

OP, alot of guys get away with the 3/8" spacer. I have seen the 1" run before, but you have to remove the insulation off the underside of the hood, and depending on the intake, you might have to modify some of the support braces.
DoubleInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Double.
Look man if your gonna be stuck up about everything that someone say then go to a different forum. That's twice you've done that on something I've said.
If your gonna give your input or "correct" somebody be polite about it. No need to be a jerk.

For the record a long block is longer, taller, an wider. Look your **** up.
TrickFlow94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickFlow94
Double.
Look man if your gonna be stuck up about everything that someone say then go to a different forum. That's twice you've done that on something I've said.
If your gonna give your input or "correct" somebody be polite about it. No need to be a jerk.

I agree.the ME forum family have respect and consideration for each other.there are many different experience levels on here.everyone needs a correction now and then but it can be done nicely. With that being said here is the difference:
http://www.enginefactory.com/Block_Descriptions.htm
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

I agree.the ME forum family have respect and consideration for each other.there are many different experience levels on here.everyone needs a correction now and then but it can be done nicely. With that being said here is the difference:
http://www.enginefactory.com/Block_Descriptions.htm
+1
Old 11-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickFlow94
A long block is basically a complete engine assembly. Usually with the heads, intake, cam and oil pan already installer. Where as a short block is the engine block itself, and the internals... that's it.

Maybe you should learn more about who I am, and what I've done before bashing. I've forgotten more about cars, than you are likely to ever know.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleInfinity View Post
A long block is basically a complete engine assembly. Usually with the heads, intake, cam and oil pan already installer. Where as a short block is the engine block itself, and the internals... that's it.

Maybe you should learn more about who I am, and what I've done before bashing. I've forgotten more about cars, than you are likely to ever know.
Guys. please save the attitudes and arguing for elsewhere.
The administrator here does not allow much of that.

Who you are, what you have done and what you know are not as important as how you act and present yourself online or in person.
I know quite a bit myself, but I concentrate on helping and educating rather than bashing someone for what they don't know yet.

I also understand how anyone can have a bad day and the least little thing can set you off. It happens to me too, but I just try to NOT reply or post until I have thought of a decent, non offensive way to do so.

Try to reconcile your differences, shake hands and continue helping people or asking questions as you need to.

Have a good day.
Thanks,
TH
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Guys. please save the attitudes and arguing for elsewhere.
The administrator here does not allow much of that.

Who you are, what you have done and what you know are not as important as how you act and present yourself online or in person.
I know quite a bit myself, but I concentrate on helping and educating rather than bashing someone for what they don't know yet.

I also understand how anyone can have a bad day and the least little thing can set you off. It happens to me too, but I just try to NOT reply or post until I have thought of a decent, non offensive way to do so.

Try to reconcile your differences, shake hands and continue helping people or asking questions as you need to.

Have a good day.
Thanks,
TH
++++1 much agreed! we are all here to help and educate each other on a common passion we all share!! So if you can't make a post educating and helping our fellow members in a nice way don't post at all please thank you!
98 GT- Full PI swap, 93 tune, 3:73 gears,off-road h-pipe,flows, ported plenum and spacer, mac cai, lowered on eibach springs and eibach shocks and struts,spec stage 2 clutch, pro 5.0 shifter

94gt-H,C,I exhaust, eibach suspension--SOLD
Kyle94GT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Lol...and not to add insult to injury!!! A long block never comes with intake and oil pan, that would be a crate assembly with the addition of the cam,timing chain and cover...a long block is only the built short block with the heads installed and a lot of the time does not include the cam!
86gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gt View Post
Lol...and not to add insult to injury!!! A long block never comes with intake and oil pan, that would be a crate assembly with the addition of the cam,timing chain and cover...a long block is only the built short block with the heads installed and a lot of the time does not include the cam!
you are correct...to a point. i was posting in a hurry, and from my phone. so my fingers just kinda kept walking.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT