95 gt tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
slow_stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 26
95 gt tuner

Im looking for a tuner for my sn95 but im having a hard time finding one all the ones.I find are for 96 and up can someone help with.a link or two also will I benifit from a tuner being my only mods are exhaust and cold aitken intake and 14° advance on timing
slow_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_stang
Im looking for a tuner for my sn95 but im having a hard time finding one all the ones.I find are for 96 and up can someone help with.a link or two also will I benifit from a tuner being my only mods are exhaust and cold aitken intake and 14° advance on timing
You need the sct 4 bank eliminator chip, there are no handheld tuners for your car.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
You need the sct 4 bank eliminator chip, there are no handheld tuners for your car.
Yes there is. The AFM PMS.
It's kind of expensive, but check out the list of things it will tune.

EFI-Systems Series 4 PMS 94-95 5.0 Mustang
The most powerful and the winningest Piggy back Computer in NMRA History
And Here’s why.

. Plug n play. No wiring needed

. View screen on key pad monitoring spark timing, rpm, injector function, throttle position, load range, water temp, air charge temp, manifold pressure, mass air voltage.

. Full tuning ability through Key pad (no lap top needed)

. Full sequential stand alone.

. Real time tuning. While engine is running.

. No waiting for flashing or uploading.

. Tuning from idle to 9900 rpm in fuel and timing in 500 rpm increments

. Tuning by boost. Up to 30lb with 3 bar map sensor

. Tuning for Nitrous.

. Tuning by air charge temp or water temp for fuel and timing

. Individual cylinder tuning for both fuel and timing

. Start fuel setting which controls the injectors when the starter is turning the engine over. This gets ride of the hard starting with 42lb injectors or bigger

. Two step rev-limiter

. Two programmable output switches by RPM/TPS

. Stores three separate tuning programs

. 100% more powerful with twin processors than FORD ECC computer.

I have one for my 86 GT, but I haven't been able to put it to use yet.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
I wouldn't exactly call that a hand held.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
I wouldn't exactly call that a hand held.
But it is?
The handheld tuner plugs into the piggyback that connects to your ECU to tune your car.

It's a much better system than any chip IMO, and it has been proven to work over many years of use. It is currently on the 4th generation build, so its longevity is proof in itself of its worth in tuning Mustangs.

I thoroughly researched every option available for the Fox and SN95 cars and to me it is simply the best option available. A lot of people don't like it just because they deem it to complicated and they would just rather go with a pre-burned chip so they don't have to worry about learning to use it.

Well, to each his own, but I'd rather have the extra tuning available to me whenever I want to take advantage of it or need it.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Lapida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Other
Posts: 142
Megasquirt plug and play

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ang-p-469.html

Moates Quaterhorse

http://www.moates.net/quarterhorse-for-fords-p-199.html
Lapida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kyle94GT302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Yes there is. The AFM PMS.
It's kind of expensive, but check out the list of things it will tune.

EFI-Systems Series 4 PMS 94-95 5.0 Mustang
The most powerful and the winningest Piggy back Computer in NMRA History
And Here’s why.

. Plug n play. No wiring needed

. View screen on key pad monitoring spark timing, rpm, injector function, throttle position, load range, water temp, air charge temp, manifold pressure, mass air voltage.

. Full tuning ability through Key pad (no lap top needed)

. Full sequential stand alone.

. Real time tuning. While engine is running.

. No waiting for flashing or uploading.

. Tuning from idle to 9900 rpm in fuel and timing in 500 rpm increments

. Tuning by boost. Up to 30lb with 3 bar map sensor

. Tuning for Nitrous.

. Tuning by air charge temp or water temp for fuel and timing

. Individual cylinder tuning for both fuel and timing

. Start fuel setting which controls the injectors when the starter is turning the engine over. This gets ride of the hard starting with 42lb injectors or bigger

. Two step rev-limiter

. Two programmable output switches by RPM/TPS

. Stores three separate tuning programs

. 100% more powerful with twin processors than FORD ECC computer.

I have one for my 86 GT, but I haven't been able to put it to use yet.
Man I am sold!!! didn't even know there was a system like this for ford obd1 set-up I am currently running h,c,I in my 94 gt and no tune and it needs one bad!!!!! I know its more expensive but to be able to do full tuning at anytime just by plugging up to the piggyback is great and not having to send a chip back for a re-tune and have the ability to tune the car for daily street use on the fly since dyno tunes can't really recreate real world driving conditions for each individual's set-up I know dyno tunes get dang close and every should start with a good dyno tune but there still have the chance not to be as perfect as I would like it to be since I am a perfectionist when it comes to my stang!!
__________________
98 GT- Full PI swap, 93 tune, 3:73 gears,off-road h-pipe,flows, ported plenum and spacer, mac cai, lowered on eibach springs and eibach shocks and struts,spec stage 2 clutch, pro 5.0 shifter

94gt-H,C,I exhaust, eibach suspension--SOLD
Kyle94GT302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle94GT302 View Post
Man I am sold!!! didn't even know there was a system like this for ford obd1 set-up I am currently running h,c,I in my 94 gt and no tune and it needs one bad!!!!! I know its more expensive but to be able to do full tuning at anytime just by plugging up to the piggyback is great and not having to send a chip back for a re-tune and have the ability to tune the car for daily street use on the fly since dyno tunes can't really recreate real world driving conditions for each individual's set-up I know dyno tunes get dang close and every should start with a good dyno tune but there still have the chance not to be as perfect as I would like it to be since I am a perfectionist when it comes to my stang!!
Yep, the sheer volume of tuning options, tune while it's running, and it will store 3 different tunes are what sold me on it, plus the fact that you can also get the Inter-Acq software that allows you to connect a laptop that will store your data along with user customizable dashboards. Check out the link at the bottom of the website software page to see some dashboards.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

But it is?
The handheld tuner plugs into the piggyback that connects to your ECU to tune your car.

It's a much better system than any chip IMO, and it has been proven to work over many years of use. It is currently on the 4th generation build, so its longevity is proof in itself of its worth in tuning Mustangs.

I thoroughly researched every option available for the Fox and SN95 cars and to me it is simply the best option available. A lot of people don't like it just because they deem it to complicated and they would just rather go with a pre-burned chip so they don't have to worry about learning to use it.

Well, to each his own, but I'd rather have the extra tuning available to me whenever I want to take advantage of it or need it.
If I had the money to spend on it I would already have it. It would be nice to adjust the tune whenever there is another mod installed without the wait. What I meant though is its not "just" a handheld. It's a complete system with the price to boot.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 108
Re: 95 gt tuner

before i spent the money it cost for that i would just hop up the bottom end of the car and dinno tune it then no worries about messing anything up
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
If I had the money to spend on it I would already have it. It would be nice to adjust the tune whenever there is another mod installed without the wait. What I meant though is its not "just" a handheld. It's a complete system with the price to boot.
I didn't have the money for it either, I had to save for quite some time before I got it.

Oh, I see.
No it is not "just" a handheld tuner in that respect, but then the ECU's in our cars are not as good as the newer ECU's either, so the piggyback ECU is used to work the magic our ECU's can't handle. (Too bad our cars have small brains.)

So in respect it is like getting a "mega chip" and a handheld to tune it with.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00 View Post
before i spent the money it cost for that i would just hop up the bottom end of the car and dinno tune it then no worries about messing anything up
With the stock block you'd still have to worry about messing it up once your power gets past 500 HP or so, plus dyno tunes are nice for a sheet of paper to show off and brag about, but you'll run into operating scenarious that won't always be compatible with a dyno tune.

If I had access to a local dyno, I'd have mine pre-tuned there, then refine it with the PMS out in real world conditions to help compensate for any altitude, temperature and humidty changes.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

I didn't have the money for it either, I had to save for quite some time before I got it.

Oh, I see.
No it is not "just" a handheld tuner in that respect, but then the ECU's in our cars are not as good as the newer ECU's either, so the piggyback ECU is used to work the magic our ECU's can't handle. (Too bad our cars have small brains.)

So in respect it is like getting a "mega chip" and a handheld to tune it with.
Yeah but for such " simple minded" cars they respond very well to mods.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
Yeah but for such " simple minded" cars they respond very well to mods.
Maybe it's only because they don't know any better.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 108
Re: 95 gt tuner

yea a least we all agree our cars are small minded with bigger brains we r elite lol
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
KATO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cutler Bay
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,593
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Re: 95 gt tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Yes there is. The AFM PMS.
It's kind of expensive, but check out the list of things it will tune.

EFI-Systems Series 4 PMS 94-95 5.0 Mustang
The most powerful and the winningest Piggy back Computer in NMRA History
And Here’s why.

. Plug n play. No wiring needed

. View screen on key pad monitoring spark timing, rpm, injector function, throttle position, load range, water temp, air charge temp, manifold pressure, mass air voltage.

. Full tuning ability through Key pad (no lap top needed)

. Full sequential stand alone.

. Real time tuning. While engine is running.

. No waiting for flashing or uploading.

. Tuning from idle to 9900 rpm in fuel and timing in 500 rpm increments

. Tuning by boost. Up to 30lb with 3 bar map sensor

. Tuning for Nitrous.

. Tuning by air charge temp or water temp for fuel and timing

. Individual cylinder tuning for both fuel and timing

. Start fuel setting which controls the injectors when the starter is turning the engine over. This gets ride of the hard starting with 42lb injectors or bigger

. Two step rev-limiter

. Two programmable output switches by RPM/TPS

. Stores three separate tuning programs

. 100% more powerful with twin processors than FORD ECC computer.

I have one for my 86 GT, but I haven't been able to put it to use yet.
Good Info, thanks for that.
__________________
07 GT. SCT: CUSTOM TUNE by "MUSTANG SPECIALTIES". LMR: GEN2 2010 STYLE HEADLIGHTS, RAXIOM: 2010 SMOKED COYOTE TAIL LIGHTS, WHEELS: STAGGERED WHL 22X8.5F-22X10R.
KATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Stock 1998 GT H-Pipe Fit My 2003 GT? Brent 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 10-12-2011 09:44 PM
2011 V6 versus 2012 GT 5.0 avengnd General Mustang Discussion 6 09-01-2011 05:49 AM
'08 GT - Looking for a CAI with reg gas tuner chucker51 2005-2010 Mustang GT 1 08-31-2011 09:07 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:00 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.