Clutch stuff - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jnasty9163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 7
Clutch stuff

I installed a new clutch put in a new clutch Pedal assembly. everything is installed and now my clutch seems to be slipping on acceleration and I was wondering what's proper techniques for adjustment and if there are any tips or tricks
Jnasty9163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Need some more info .kind of clutch,why you changed clutch.like how did it act before u changed clutch.New transmission?or any other details u have.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Clutch stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnasty9163 View Post
I installed a new clutch put in a new clutch Pedal assembly. everything is installed and now my clutch seems to be slipping on acceleration and I was wondering what's proper techniques for adjustment and if there are any tips or tricks
What did you put in for a new clutch pedal assembly?
Are you using the factory adjustment system or aftermarket?
Factory or aftermarket cable and quadrant?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jnasty9163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 7
Clutch was old and wore out, 1990 pedal assembly because clutch was out of adjustment so tight that it stripped the shaft that the quadrant is connected to. Using steeds firewall and quadrant. I have it shifting well, but if I accelerate even a little hard it slips. I'm thinking maybe it's just a little disengage by my rookie adjustment is too close to disengaging the clutch
Jnasty9163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Clutch stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnasty9163 View Post
Clutch was old and wore out, 1990 pedal assembly because clutch was out of adjustment so tight that it stripped the shaft that the quadrant is connected to. Using steeds firewall and quadrant. I have it shifting well, but if I accelerate even a little hard it slips. I'm thinking maybe it's just a little disengage by my rookie adjustment is too close to disengaging the clutch
I'd say you have it set to tight. You need to adjust for a bit of freeplay to ensure the pressure plate is able to apply full clamping force.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

I'd say you have it set to tight. You need to adjust for a bit of freeplay to ensure the pressure plate is able to apply full clamping force.
+1 you should have about 1/2" - 1" of slop in the top of the pedal
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jnasty9163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 7
Alright thanks guys I'll check it out tomorrow. Hop y'all had a good thanksgiving
Jnasty9163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
Registered User
Newbie
 
Jnasty9163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Florida
Posts: 7
Also, is it possible to stretch the cable from it being too right?
Jnasty9163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnasty9163
Also, is it possible to stretch the cable from it being too right?
Yes very possible.also possible to bend clutch fork.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 108
Re: Clutch stuff

pull up on clutch petal and it release the pressure the clutch should in simple form adjust it self but never had luck with that had to adjust manual by hand
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00
pull up on clutch petal and it release the pressure the clutch should in simple form adjust it self but never had luck with that had to adjust manual by hand
He said he has firewall adjuster.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 108
Re: Clutch stuff

me to but still have auto adjust under dash its plastic unless replaced already
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy with a clutch question Cajunick 1996-2004 Mustang GT 7 11-15-2011 12:32 PM
Clutch eouellette18 2005-2010 Mustang GT 9 09-08-2011 04:51 PM
Clutch just went 04machazblue 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 08-24-2011 06:41 AM
Spec or ram clutch 04machazblue 1996-2004 Mustang GT 3 08-23-2011 05:36 PM
Need advise on a new clutch j4gwig General Mustang Discussion 1 08-01-2011 08:51 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.