upset - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
upset

I have a 95 GT with the aode tranny. A couple days ago it started slipping on a cold start but afterwards it warmed up it stopped. I recently serviced it and it did great for a couple of weeks but now its doing this. Do I need to have the whole system flushed? I have heard bad things about a flush. Wat do yall think??
FLAT BLACK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Think they hook to the transmission cooler lines to draw the fluid out instead of removing the filter. Although I hear it's still risky. I was told that since my fluid still looks good it'd be safe to change it no worries, but if it ever gets really dark you risk issues by changing everything including the filter. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I really am thinking about trying the flush I mean if the tranny is gonna go its gonna ya kno ? My dad told me tht maybe its the dirty fluid in the TC mixing back in with the fluid tht I put in when I service it.. Idk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Those aode transmissions are very, very touchy. Never did like the idea of system flushing. How many miles you got on it?
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Old 12-08-2011, 03:37 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: upset

Here's what I read when researching auto transmission issues.

Quote:
For automatic transmissions if the fluid is changed at normal intervals from the time the car is new, then continuing to do so has no ill effects.

However if the fluid has never been changed at regular intervals you risk breaking loose deposits inside the transmission fluid channels and valves which can damage your transmission to the point of needing a rebuild.
If the flush isn't to expensive give it a try.
If it is expensive, consider that now's a good time to swap to a 5-speed.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:42 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you Trojan horse ill look into it. I've thought about selling it and getting a newer stang 99-04 but honestly tht car has been pretty darn reliable and fun so ima stick with her no matter Wat happens. I'll prolly just get another stang for everyday use been lookin at an 03 GT with 36k miles on it.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
I worked at a jiffy lube when I was in high school and similar to what TH said if a vehicle had over 100k or fluid was extremely burnt,and no service records of prior flushing we would deny the service..for that same reason we would deny pan service as well (trans pan and filter)..

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

And if I remember correctly the flush ran about $100...that was back in 96-97 at over priced jiffy lube,but I cant imagine it getting any cheaper!..oh and fyi id never go to a jiffy lube unless you know the guy working on your ride REALLY knows what they're doing!...I was the only person certified at the time to do the flushes but even when i,wasn't working they'd still do them...and on a couple occasions that turned out to be quite costly!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thts a good thing then when we serviced it before the fluid wasn't discolored or anything. And the guy I'm going to is a family friend. Gotta do somth about it I can't stand this!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT