Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Headers ?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
Will bbk equal length shorty headers work with trick flow heads? I'm bout to get some headers but want some compatible with trick flow/ factory heads.....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

An where is the best place to get them*

#2 ·
Taxman said:
Will bbk equal length shorty headers work with trick flow heads? I'm bout to get some headers but want some compatible with trick flow/ factory heads.....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

An where is the best place to get them*
Yes they should work with those heads. American muscle will price match anyone's advertised priced.

#3 ·
#5 ·
aegischief said:
Had those exact headers on my 94 Cobra. They are nice but just a pain to install with the motor in the car. Any equal length header is due to the angles of the pipes an what not.
Would long tubes be better? As far as install? I was gonna do a 2 1/2 pipe from the headers to the tip but I didn't see a 2.5 flange on the headers... I didn't look very much though....

#6 ·
Would long tubes be better? As far as install? I was gonna do a 2 1/2 pipe from the headers to the tip but I didn't see a 2.5 flange on the headers... I didn't look very much though....
Long tubes would be better for more power.
They may be a bit more difficult to install though.
2.5" H or X pipes will fit the BBK Equal length shorties.
That's what I have on my car.

#7 ·
Taxman said:
After the BBK equal lengths I switched to Hedman LTs. I had to loosen my motor mounts and take the steering arm loose. LTs are tough, especially when the car is on the ground. In all it took me about 8 hours total to remove the equal lengths and install the LTs. Definately worth it though.

#10 ·
Exhaust tape holds the heat in and causes them to get a lot hotter than they normally would. It also gets wet and holds moisture causing them to rot out a lot sooner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.