Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Some more pics of the GT project and more broken parts :(

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
Been off the forums for a little while. Been busy, and had a few kick in the nuts by that thing called life. But I'm still alive and working on the GT. Had interior torn out, fixed floors, put in some sound deadener that is used in airplanes, found the master cylinder was bad so I changed that, found the proportioning valve was bad, took it apart and rebuilt it. Blower motor wasn't working, so after trying to get it out for an hour, I decided it would be easier just to take the dash out... oops! Got the dash most of way out, then figured out how to take just motor out. VERY SIMPLE grrrr. Motor turned out to be good but the shaft was siezed up in the bronze bearings. Tore the motor apart, polished the shaft and cleaned everything up. Now to get the dash back in and the blower motor "box". Still have exhaust to do and set my TV cable, then maybe stuff will quit breaking. But I'm not holding my breath. Anyway, here are some pics for you viewing pleasure.

As a side note, I'm also working on a 1968 Ford ranger for a friend :good:

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry about your problems. :(
Life is like that at times. Sometimes it is hard to get back up, but we have to whether we want to or not.

Looks like you have a handle on getting the repairs done. :good:
I had a 69 Ford Ranger pick up similar to that one.
I put a built 429/C-6 with 4.10 rear end gears in it.
Had a lot of fun with it until someone put a telephone pole in the middle of the street on night. :confused::eek::eek::

Best of luck to you and I hope your situation improves and everything turns out for the better.

#3 ·
Any pictures of your old truck? A friend of mine bought it for her fiance for christmas. I'm just doing a little work, rebuild carb, fix gas gauge, change windshield, and a couple other little things. Its got a 390/C-6 combo in it. He was looking for something to rat rod, so she found this for a decent price. Body/ frame is solid. Motor appears to be freshened up, but stock. He should enjoy it.

#4 ·
There may be some pics stashed away, but I wouldn't know where to begin to look. :eek::
Mine started out with a 360 and a farm box four speed transmission.
It was a purplish maroon on top and white on the bottom. The 360 didn't have much umph and I hated the farm box manual transmission. At the time I was/had collected several 429/460 engines and a couple of C-6 transmissions and it just snowballed from there. Several thousand dollars later I had the fastest pickup in the valley. It would lay about 15 feet of rubber on the pavement when it shifted into 3rd gear at about 95 mph. I smoked a small block Camaro and a Corvette with it before the crash. Afterwards I parted it out and moved on to other things. :(

#5 ·
Bitter sweet day today. Been working last few days, everyday after work to get things together. Got it backed out of garage today and around the block. Just taking it easy. Didn't have the TV cable adjusted right the first time so it wouldn't shift out of 1st. Got it better on the 2nd trip but its still not quite right. Gotta do some research to learn more about adjusting it. Had a small coolant leak from the hose that goes to TB spacer. Just a case of a cheap hose clamp that stripped out. Got it taken care of. Found the alternator to be bad, so I gotta replace that. And I sprung a power steering leak in the return line, will have to replace that. And then just normal stuff, brakes making a little noise from sitting, need new shocks etc. Not totally disappointed today, but not overly happy. EXCEPT that I got to drive it :)

#6 ·
I think there is a video on You Tube that shows you how to adjust the TV cable. :good:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.