New 1990 gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Now to get it tuned can any mechanic do it or does it have to be dealership.
There are a few shops that do it, dealerships and mechanics don't tune the foxes.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Guess I'm just gonna have to search for one lol. But I really don't know of many shops around here. Might have to look in Nola or BR or laf. For one. Most ppl here run carbs. Except for the ones that work on the little euro cars
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Well we have stang hi performance in BR, and total performance solutions in prairieville.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Cool might have to get with you. When I get it put together and get number/ address from you. To bring it that way. If need be.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Cool might have to get with you. When I get it put together and get number/ address from you. To bring it that way. If need be.
That's cool, I need to bring mine to have dynoed.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

When you do let me know the results
Old 12-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You should run a throttle body that matches the intake opening. I think the systemax has a 75mm opening. Why choke it down with a smaller throttle body. Yeah I know someone will say for throttle response, but I have been running a 75 on every manifold I have ran so far and have had great throttle response. I am actually running a 75mm bbk with my holley systemax right now on a trick flow headed 306 and it is an animal for a daily driver. You will have a killer setup but I would also run a better cam than the e303. It will be your biggest restriction with the rest of the parts you mentioned.
93redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Re: New 1990 gt

Stang hi is way over priced imo and screwed my cusin supercharged 06 gt all up 8 k on a edekbrock supercharger that runs 11 sec on the same app on other 06 only ran a 12.9 when tuned at stang hi but every man his own
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

To 93 redfox. The reason behind the 65 is because I'm all new to the efi systems and I couldn't find any where that stated what the systemax opening actually was. And as for a cam it's either gonna be the e303 or b303. After doin research and calling frpp and grilling them. Because I read so many different things about the alphabet cams I just called. In summit it shows B303 being more aggressive than e303. In jegs it shows e303 being more aggressive. Then I was told e303 was designed for EFI and b303 was for carbs. And then also heard alphabet cams were outdated. So I called. The truth of it is e303 and b303 is for either or setup EFi or carb. E303 is the mildest of the alphabet cams. As for outdated. Frpp has kept up with technology it has improved the way there made and materials made with. Although they have kept the same lift and lobe separation. To keep same stats on them plus they are made directly for ford they don't have to worry about chevy and dodge are any other manufactor just ford. They are still damn near the best bang for the buck cam on market for any FORD out there yes there's crane lunati trickflow and all them but frpp is time tested and proven true. It still all comes down to person and preference. I personally have owned crane and lunati and know ppl who run alphabet cams. All are good depending on what your doing. And I've seen impressive results with the alphabet cams. So that's why I chose to go with them. Now the main question is either the E or the B. I was leaning more toward the E because it will be mostly street driven with occasional track pass. But still undecided.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93redfox
You should run a throttle body that matches the intake opening. I think the systemax has a 75mm opening. Why choke it down with a smaller throttle body. Yeah I know someone will say for throttle response, but I have been running a 75 on every manifold I have ran so far and have had great throttle response. I am actually running a 75mm bbk with my holley systemax right now on a trick flow headed 306 and it is an animal for a daily driver. You will have a killer setup but I would also run a better cam than the e303. It will be your biggest restriction with the rest of the parts you mentioned.
Why does everyone keep knocking the alphabet cams, they have been proven time and time again. There are obviously better cams but the e303 is a great all around cam.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
I am running a b cam and I like it!I love the way it sounds to.I am thinking about changing it eventually cause I've heard its not the greatest cam for a s/c which I have planned.but ill see myself before I make the call.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
To 93 redfox. The reason behind the 65 is because I'm all new to the efi systems and I couldn't find any where that stated what the systemax opening actually was. And as for a cam it's either gonna be the e303 or b303. After doin research and calling frpp and grilling them. Because I read so many different things about the alphabet cams I just called. In summit it shows B303 being more aggressive than e303. In jegs it shows e303 being more aggressive. Then I was told e303 was designed for EFI and b303 was for carbs. And then also heard alphabet cams were outdated. So I called. The truth of it is e303 and b303 is for either or setup EFi or carb. E303 is the mildest of the alphabet cams. As for outdated. Frpp has kept up with technology it has improved the way there made and materials made with. Although they have kept the same lift and lobe separation. To keep same stats on them plus they are made directly for ford they don't have to worry about chevy and dodge are any other manufactor just ford. They are still damn near the best bang for the buck cam on market for any FORD out there yes there's crane lunati trickflow and all them but frpp is time tested and proven true. It still all comes down to person and preference. I personally have owned crane and lunati and know ppl who run alphabet cams. All are good depending on what your doing. And I've seen impressive results with the alphabet cams. So that's why I chose to go with them. Now the main question is either the E or the B. I was leaning more toward the E because it will be mostly street driven with occasional track pass. But still undecided.
I say E if you plan on forced induction later on and B if you plan on staying na. I have an e303 and love it and have driven an 89 with a b cam, not too much difference on the street.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Lol sorry bout the rant but kinda got tired of ppl knocking the alphabet cams you know. So it just ha to be said
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

I say E if you plan on forced induction later on and B if you plan on staying na. I have an e303 and love it and have driven an 89 with a b cam, not too much difference on the street.
I've heard this a few times.does the cam have to much duration lowering the psi due to valves being open to long?[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 12-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

I've heard this a few times.does the cam have to much duration lowering the psi due to valves being open to long?
I can't remember exactly but I believe it's the duration and lift mostly. I don't think the lobe center helps the b cam either.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Lol sorry bout the rant but kinda got tired of ppl knocking the alphabet cams you know. So it just ha to be said
Amen to that. You going to buy a new tb or convert an explorer tb?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #51
Road Trip!

Quote:
I agree.lots of us are running alphabets.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Explorer TB? I was goin to go with a knew one either BBK or a product performance TB. BBk is 250 with egr spacer. Product performance is 175 with spacer.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Explorer TB? I was goin to go with a knew one either BBK or a product performance TB. BBk is 250 with egr spacer. Product performance is 175 with spacer.
My explorer tb was $5 and about 10 min to modify, and the professional product spacer which was only 40 when I bought it. So 45 for mine, but went for a more backyard build for the stock block.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

What size is the explorer tb
Old 12-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

65mm

Old 12-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I had no idea. Lol if I can find one I'll prolly use it

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I had no idea. What kinda intake does the explorer have
Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I had no idea. Lol if I can find one I'll prolly use it

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I had no idea. What kinda intake does the explorer have
The gt40 intake, which is similar to the cobra intake.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not knocking the alphabet cams geez everyone take a chill pill. I have ran an e303 myself and it sounds great and is good for midrange power. What I am trying to say is, the e303 and b303 are fairly mild for the heads and intake you plan on running. Look at the specs on the systemax for example, its operating range is from 2k to 6500. Now look at the e303 it's range is 2500 to 5500. The cam is going to run out of air right when the manifold is wanting to make power. The e303 will probably peak in hp around 4800rpm, pretty far from where the systemax will (around 6k). Will it all work together, absolutely, but there will be power left on the table. Try to match your components the best you can and you will get the best results. I am trying to help not bash alphabet cams.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Kool I didn't know that about the explorer. That's cool. And as for 93red. Sorry I was looking at other sites when I read what you wrote. Even if you didn't bash them lol others do and need to read what I wrote.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not knocking the alphabet cams geez everyone take a chill pill. I have ran an e303 myself and it sounds great and is good for midrange power. What I am trying to say is, the e303 and b303 are fairly mild for the heads and intake you plan on running. Look at the specs on the systemax for example, its operating range is from 2k to 6500. Now look at the e303 it's range is 2500 to 5500. The cam is going to run out of air right when the manifold is wanting to make power. The e303 will probably peak in hp around 4800rpm, pretty far from where the systemax will (around 6k). Will it all work together, absolutely, but there will be power left on the table. Try to match your components the best you can and you will get the best results. I am trying to help not bash alphabet cams.
Not too many people rev out to 6500, and 6k is pushing it on a pushrod 5.0. Most 5.0 cars fall off right after 5500 anyway so extending the powerband past that is useless in most applications.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

It's the overlap aka lobe separation angle that affects a boosted setup. With too much overlap the intake and exhaust valves are both open simultaneously for a longer period of time which will allow boost to escape out of the exhaust. The lower the LSA number the more overlap. 112* LSA is a good all around number to shoot for on a boosted setup.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Kool I didn't know that about the explorer. That's cool. And as for 93red. Sorry I was looking at other sites when I read what you wrote. Even if you didn't bash them lol others do and need to read what I wrote.
Pretty noticeable gains with the explorer intake, tb, gt40p heads, and the e303cam.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Quote:
Sorry to make u look like an accuser.lol.there is junk all over about that though.really the best thing to do is call a cam expert and tell them your setup.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome might be something for me to check into
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

@93slowstang
The rpm a motor dependably turns is dependent on the valve train parts you put on it and with the AFR 185 heads he is planning on running 6500 is no where near too much. The heads have a decent spring package right out of the box. It will be an awesome setup with the systemax 2, AFR 185's and a matching cam. A good harmonic balancer is a good idea when upping the power and rpm. Again I am just
trying to help, and yes most people won't spin it higher than 5500 but some people will.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

The F303 is a good boost cam if you want
to use a frpp cam
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Thanx for the in put I will look into it.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

YeA I believe that afr told me that as long as I don't go over a ..600 lift I'll be good

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

YeA I believe that afr told me that as long as I don't go over a ..600 lift I'll be good

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

I believe AFR told me as long as I don't go over a 600 lift I'm good
Old 12-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #67
Road Trip!

U have the ability to edit ur posts.lol
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Lol really how. This is my first thread lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #69
Road Trip!

What are u using? Android,ios or browser
Old 12-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

IPhone 4

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT