Eaton m112 on foxbody - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Eaton m112 on foxbody

Anybody know how legit the kits that jdb mods makes for mounting the m112,blower onto a foxbody is? Seems really cool but also like it might be a bit of a hack job. Any insight would be great thanks.
Beastynotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Never heard of it.link or pic?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Eaton m112 on foxbody

Jdbmods.com is the website, I believe it is just a guy that fabricates an adapter kit that allows the m112 to fit on a foxbody lower intake(says he can fab up to fit on any lower available). It's much cheaper up front than the kenne bell blowzilla kit for a 5.0, which is why it has sparked my interest. I just don't wanna get into something that's gonna either be a complete junky hack job or else end up costing the same as if I woulda just went the kenne bell route. Hood fitment seems to be a bit of an issue as well. I've read some stuff on a couple forums but nothing really says whether or not it's worth it to do.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
I been following him since he started the thread on corral. I know his numbers were pretty decent and it seems like a good value. Only real drawback is hood clearance.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastynotch View Post
Anybody know how legit the kits that jdb mods makes for mounting the m112,blower onto a foxbody is? Seems really cool but also like it might be a bit of a hack job. Any insight would be great thanks.
He looks legit.
The only things that would bother me are extending the blower drive shaft and how much the sheet metal/aluminum he's using warps when he welds it together.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
He does look legit. And it looks like a full kit with a modified m112(longer neck) is just $1200.
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thank you guys, I also thought the website looked pretty legit. If the offset kit actually fits under the stick hood without cutting any gaudy holes or anything out of the hood, I'm really leaning towards going with this kit. Love the idea of a positive displacement blower on my notch! Since the kenne bell kits are ridiculously priced this seems like a nice alternative and I know the 03/04 cobras are a blast to drive! All that torque down low and instant boost flowing through a Holley systemax intake, trick flow twisted wedge heads, and exiting through a full bassani exhaust will be absolutely awesome! Just not willing to start hacking things up in order to get results.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastynotch
Ok thank you guys, I also thought the website looked pretty legit. If the offset kit actually fits under the stick hood without cutting any gaudy holes or anything out of the hood, I'm really leaning towards going with this kit. Love the idea of a positive displacement blower on my notch! Since the kenne bell kits are ridiculously priced this seems like a nice alternative and I know the 03/04 cobras are a blast to drive! All that torque down low and instant boost flowing through a Holley systemax intake, trick flow twisted wedge heads, and exiting through a full bassani exhaust will be absolutely awesome! Just not willing to start hacking things up in order to get results.
Eh, it actually looks like it takes at least a 2" cowl hood to fit.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
Eh, it actually looks like it takes at least a 2" cowl hood to fit.
I believe I read on there it takes at least a 3".
Visibility issues?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

I believe I read on there it takes at least a 3".
Visibility issues?
Oh, I saw 2" on a thread that I found about it. What do you mean?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra View Post
I saw the 3" or larger on the manufacturers website.
"First: Sits directly on top and requires a 3" or larger cowl to clear."

3" to 4" if you want a little clearance is getting fairly high up I just wondered how it might affect your forward visibility.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

According to site you can also get the side mounted kits that will clear stock hood. Sounds cool tho for $1200 with SC. He'll I might go that route I stead of NOS
I was plan on getting a 3 or 4in cowl hood anyway.
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78 View Post
According to site you can also get the side mounted kits that will clear stock hood. Sounds cool tho for $1200 with SC. He'll I might go that route I stead of NOS
I was plan on getting a 3 or 4in cowl hood anyway.
IMO I'd stay away from the plenum that sits off to the side.
While it will work there is nothing to direct the airflow inside of it and it appears to be off center and back from the ports in the lower intake. It seems to me that you would get a similar and possibly worse turbulence effect than mismatched intake/head or TB/intake ports can cause?
I suppose if you don't care about a small power loss it would be ok though. Just my .02.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Only drawback was they didn't have a inter cooler, they do they m90 and 112s. Throw some meth injection on it and go. Back when I looked into them it said you would need a minimum of a 2.5 cowl and that's cutting it
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las0mbra

He still had to notch his 2" where the pulley was and fiberglass over it.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I too wondered about how boost might be affected with that offset setup. There is no way I want a 3 or 4" cowl hood, not really a fan of that look on a foxbody mustang. It would be great if someone that tried this kit left some feedback on here or one of the other forums.
The lack of intercooler isn't too big of a deal for me as I really only wanna run 7-9 psi. That's why I'm not a huge fan of the kenne bell price seeing how I'm only wanting to push such little boost it doesnt really seem worth the price tag. This setup seems like it could be done with all fuel upgrades and a good tune for between 3-4 grand, not bad.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

dat thing is awsome, i may have to sell my centri to get one. i love the whine...

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #18

Region: Alabama

I'm legit, lol. As people have said, the hood clearance is the biggest issue. The offset adapter does fit under the stock hood but stated already, it does cause some turbulence that affects the performance but its only a few hp and is not really noticeable. Also as for warping during welding isn't an issue since I mill the faces after welding to ensure that its flat. Feel free to ask any question you may have in here or email. My email is jbraswell1987@hotmail.com
joeystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well I will be calling in couple months for it lol. I had my build complete and in mind until I saw this lol. I like the idea of supercharger over nitrous on a stick now just gotta figure out what lower intake to run and throttle body now I think I can run same stuff but that gonna be decided when I order stuff
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #20
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeystang View Post
I'm legit, lol. As people have said, the hood clearance is the biggest issue. The offset adapter does fit under the stock hood but stated already, it does cause some turbulence that affects the performance but its only a few hp and is not really noticeable. Also as for warping during welding isn't an issue since I mill the faces after welding to ensure that its flat. Feel free to ask any question you may have in here or email. My email is jbraswell1987@hotmail.com
That's good to know.
Why don't you contact Brent, the site administrator and set up a sponsor/vendor account?
We'd appreciate the sponsoring and I'm sure you will get some good from the advertising.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #21
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
i emailed u on wednesday in reference to this thread @ the addy u provided above, i got no reply but instead you appear here. should i call you instead with my questions?

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 01-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

The " turbulence " that you mention, does that just cause a small loss in hp? Or does it affect drivability at all? Does it cause any shaking or other noticeable issues when driving? Honestly if the drive ability remains like stock and it makes my fox drive similar to an 03 cobra then I'm sold, because the 03/04 cobras are some of the most fun cars to drive!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
i emailed u on wednesday in reference to this thread @ the addy u provided above, i got no reply but instead you appear here. should i call you instead with my questions?
Try me again, I guess I overlooked it.

Turbulence doesn't affect driveability, drive like stock until you floor it.

I contacted Brent.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #24
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I contacted Brent.

Thank you! I appreciate that.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Joey is there anyway you could post a pic of what the offset kit looks like? Like how it sits under the hood or at least what the intake adapter looks like.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Hey Joey is there anyway you could post a pic of what the offset kit looks like? Like how it sits under the hood or at least what the intake adapter looks like.
Did take a few mock up photos on my stang with the gt500 blower here ya go. have 100s of photos on my photobucket: Pictures by joeyfocus - Photobucket

Also make an adapter to fit that Lightning blower too

Nice picture of one installed

Old 01-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

how about vids of car with charger on running driving testing it
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #28
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00 View Post
Now that's a good idea.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00
He has them posted up on YouTube. I think I showed some to you awhile back. There is a link on his website as well to some vids.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

It would be sweet if there was a vid of the offset kit workin and makin power. Maybe somebody who is running the kit will see this thread and chime in. I'm kinda stuck in between just goin with a good ol faithful vortech s trim or trying this eaton m112. Pretty much know what you're getting when ya get a vortech and if tuned right then can't go wrong. But that low to midrange torque and flat curve along with that whine is pretty damn tempting!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
It would be sweet if there was a vid of the offset kit workin and makin power. Maybe somebody who is running the kit will see this thread and chime in. I'm kinda stuck in between just goin with a good ol faithful vortech s trim or trying this eaton m112. Pretty much know what you're getting when ya get a vortech and if tuned right then can't go wrong. But that low to midrange torque and flat curve along with that whine is pretty damn tempting!
i went through all the pics in his bucket.. i too am thinkn really hard. i need to sell my existing unit first... but i may not even wait if i keep watchn the "made in mexico" video.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah for sure the concept is awesome! My dilemma is that I had my stand built by Anderson ford Motorsport and it's pretty much indestructible and running perfect right now, and I'm kinda Leary because I am not a fan of "backyard" builds. So if I can find a shop close to home that can handle this setup and tune it really well and safe then I might be a little more convinced. Then of course I gotta make sure it's gonna look ok under the hood, would hate to have it look like a rigged up bomb waiting to explode.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

yea it is just idleing that dont show the power thats like mounting nitrous bottles in trunk and saying it gives 115 hp and it not even hooked up its just a video of it cant see difference unless accelration.
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Yeah for sure the concept is awesome! My dilemma is that I had my stand built by Anderson ford Motorsport and it's pretty much indestructible and running perfect right now, and I'm kinda Leary because I am not a fan of "backyard" builds. So if I can find a shop close to home that can handle this setup and tune it really well and safe then I might be a little more convinced. Then of course I gotta make sure it's gonna look ok under the hood, would hate to have it look like a rigged up bomb waiting to explode.
i wouldnt call it a backyard build. itsa a lower cost conversion... key word is conversion, concessions come with conversions. it is what it is. a nice chunk of us here are "backyard" builders. if u want pretty you should get the polished kenne bell piece that was engineered for a pushrod motor (and if i recall cost 2-3 times more last time i priced one)...

i think its an awsome piece. ppl like me been waitn a long while for someone to make this stuff available n somewhat mass production. you see this stuff at the race track or in the magazines, but its always sum "one off" piece dat somebodys buddy built for them..and isnt making more lol.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #35
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00
yea it is just idleing that dont show the power thats like mounting nitrous bottles in trunk and saying it gives 115 hp and it not even hooked up its just a video of it cant see difference unless accelration.
Did you miss the burnout? It does the same thing any other kit does, just sitting where it should on the motor. Lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
foxbody