Aluminum Heads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Aluminum Heads

Are patriots aluminum heads worth the money or would it be better to just go with trick flow twisted wedge heads
OG86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Aluminum Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG86GT View Post
Are patriots aluminum heads worth the money or would it be better to just go with trick flow twisted wedge heads
From what I have read about them, they seem to be just fine.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

From what I have read about them, they seem to be just fine.
I've been told they are bad quality and I can't find anyone who has a set
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG86GT

I've been told they are bad quality and I can't find anyone who has a set
A lot of the guys are going with these cause they are so much cheaper than TF heads. I never read anything bad on them or have seen any bad reviews.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I bought a set when they first started making them because there shop is literally like 5 minutes down the road. The only problem I had out of the was one of my roller rockers clattered real bad. I tried two different sets of lifter cause I thought they were not building up properly or the spring might have been to strong. Well after looking closer at them some of the studs for the rocker was not lined up right with the valve stem and causing the rocker tip to sit on the valve stem crooked, I hope this help I'm not the best at explaining things. But I have been told there heads are alot better now.
Nickp45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene

A lot of the guys are going with these cause they are so much cheaper than TF heads. I never read anything bad on them or have seen any bad reviews.
Thanks. I just want good flowing aluminum heads and was wondering about them I know TF is great. I just want to try to see a 12 out of my motor I currently have
Old 01-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickp45
I bought a set when they first started making them because there shop is literally like 5 minutes down the road. The only problem I had out of the was one of my roller rockers clattered real bad. I tried two different sets of lifter cause I thought they were not building up properly or the spring might have been to strong. Well after looking closer at them some of the studs for the rocker was not lined up right with the valve stem and causing the rocker tip to sit on the valve stem crooked, I hope this help I'm not the best at explaining things. But I have been told there heads are alot better now.
Thanks for the info
Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickp45
Even though the early models had some problems did they still make good power over stock or even gt40s?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Even though the early models had some problems did they still make good power over stock or even gt40s?
I've heard they have seen 75 hp over ported e7 heads
Old 01-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: Aluminum Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG86GT View Post
I've heard they have seen 75 hp over ported e7 heads
your not going to get that
that was a specific application , it all depends on the whole package
I've used trick flow before , theyre good heads but you cant use to big a cam because of the valve layout ,so your limited on your cam choices , unless your going to tear your engine apart and change your pistons ( they make specific pistons for these heads )
Edelbrock ,Dart , are other good options
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde

your not going to get that
that was a specific application , it all depends on the whole package
I've used trick flow before , theyre good heads but you cant use to big a cam because of the valve layout ,so your limited on your cam choices , unless your going to tear your engine apart and change your pistons ( they make specific pistons for these heads )
Edelbrock ,Dart , are other good options
So whay would u suggest. Patriot or trick flow? I have a 86 5.0 so cam is no option for now
Old 01-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Depends on which heads you are comparing trick flow 170s, patriot 185s, trick flow 190s etc, I'm sure you would be very happy with both but I would say trick flow of possible. They offer more engine parts that you could always combo up later
Old 01-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang.racr
Depends on which heads you are comparing trick flow 170s, patriot 185s, trick flow 190s etc, I'm sure you would be very happy with both but I would say trick flow of possible. They offer more engine parts that you could always combo up later
I'm leaning morw towards the TF 170s rather than patriot 185s

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT