C&L cold air intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
C&L cold air intake

i was shopping american muscle for the cold air intake for my car, and then looked to cj pony parts, and they list 3 diffrent ones, depending on injector size, which mine has 24lb stock injectors, and american muscle only lists one, will it still work for me? trying to stay a loyal american muscle customer!
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
I don't know much about C&L but I went with granatelli 75mm mass air sensors with JLT's cold air intake which is a 4in pipe necked down to 75mm
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: C&L cold air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
i was shopping american muscle for the cold air intake for my car, and then looked to cj pony parts, and they list 3 diffrent ones, depending on injector size, which mine has 24lb stock injectors, and american muscle only lists one, will it still work for me? trying to stay a loyal american muscle customer!
C&L is a good brand name as far as I have read and heard.

Injector size should not have anything to do with a CAI, unless you are buying a MAF too.
Make sure whichever one you decide to order will fit your MAF connection and air filter.
You could also check with LRS, they are a site supporter too.
AFM's Power Pipe is another good CAI worth taking a look at.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

C&L is a good brand name as far as I have read and heard.

Injector size should not have anything to do with a CAI, unless you are buying a MAF too.
Make sure whichever one you decide to order will fit your MAF connection and air filter.
You could also check with LRS, they are a site supporter too.
AFM's Power Pipe is another good CAI worth taking a look at.
AM's c&l states it comes with a 76mm maf housing and per instructions you just slide the factory mafs and it comes with a filter suppose I'll order it and find out lol
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: C&L cold air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
AM's c&l states it comes with a 76mm maf housing and per instructions you just slide the factory mafs and it comes with a filter suppose I'll order it and find out lol
Oh, I see.
It probably won't work with aftermarket MAFs' then, which is why they said it depends on injector size.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
04machazblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Oh, I see.
It probably won't work with aftermarket MAFs' then, which is why they said it depends on injector size.
__________________
2004 mach 1(totaled=() 93 mustang lx white
Gt40x heads,e 303 cam, Ford racing 1.6 roller rockers, cobra upper and lower intake, ram air intake, c&l bigger maf, 30lb injectors, Bbk fuel Pressure regulator, double roller timing chain,Bbk shorty headers & h-pipe,flowmasters cat back,chipped,t-5 swap king cobra clutch, 4.10 gears.
04machazblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: C&L cold air intake

I should have said, "aftermarket MAF's circuit board and sensor."
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
cold air intake

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best cold air intake? Pstang5 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 11 12-27-2011 08:47 AM
Intake Suggestions..... Srohda 2011-2014 Mustang GT 42 09-19-2011 04:56 PM
Vacuum lines coming from passenger fender well.? Otlaw80 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 08-15-2011 08:01 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:27 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.