Plz plz calling all mechs. 95 5.0 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Plz plz calling all mechs. 95 5.0

Look i just fired my mech. i have a 95 gt 5.0 over last 3 yrs i have replaced 4 igni.coil 3 or 4 distrubtors and 4 fuel pumps now i faced yet a gain with a 211 code pip i know all these parts were just bad theres another problem somewhere causing these parts to go bad i need some new leads what could be causing me to keep replacing these parts plz no guessing i need real life facts dont just tell check your vacuum line which lines are associated with these problem where are they give me detail answers cause at those point i'll do it myself im know stranger to engine work i just need to know what im looking for and what needs to be replace hell just point me in the right direction im sure before it all over ill be posting say your help lead me to this and this was really the problem would have never found it with out so fellow mustang lovers help me out i refuse to be stranded again over the same thing again last night was it for me
durtyred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Plz plz calling all mechs. 95 5.0

I tried to answer your questions and help you in your other threads.
Please don't keep making new posts about the same issues. It just clutters up the boards and makes it difficult for others to search out problems and answers or to really understand what you are asking.

You need to find a repair manual and sort out your issues one at a time.
I would start with your wiring/instrument panel problems and go from there.
Once they have been corrected we can then move on to your other issues.
I promise you I will do everything I can to help you, but we need to clear up the basic issues first.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

ok cool trojan horse i have the haynes book where do i start cause i can look at the diagram but i dont understand it can you simplfy it or better yet can i buy the whole wiring kit and is it easy or complicated to install
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyred69 View Post
ok cool trojan horse i have the haynes book where do i start cause i can look at the diagram but i dont understand it can you simplfy it or better yet can i buy the whole wiring kit and is it easy or complicated to install
You could buy a harness, but you're looking at $400-$600, maybe more.
Installing a completely new harness is difficult and would take some time to complete.

All you have to do is to find the wiring diagram for the model you have, find the component you're having trouble with in the diagram and trace the wiring across the pages and see where it makes its connections. That way you can ensure it is wired correctly and by testing the wires from connection to connection you can be sure they are intact.
Testing procedures for many of the components should be in your manual. If not you may want to check out some other manuals, failing that a Google search can usually locate a testing procedure for most parts.

NOTE: Whenever you are testing resistance or continuity you must be sure the wires are de-energized. Otherwise you will damage your tester and maybe some vehicle electronics.

If you need harness repair parts RJM Injection Tech has several.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyred69
Look i just fired my mech. i have a 95 gt 5.0 over last 3 yrs i have replaced 4 igni.coil 3 or 4 distrubtors and 4 fuel pumps now i faced yet a gain with a 211 code pip i know all these parts were just bad theres another problem somewhere causing these parts to go bad i need some new leads what could be causing me to keep replacing these parts plz no guessing i need real life facts dont just tell check your vacuum line which lines are associated with these problem where are they give me detail answers cause at those point i'll do it myself im know stranger to engine work i just need to know what im looking for and what needs to be replace hell just point me in the right direction im sure before it all over ill be posting say your help lead me to this and this was really the problem would have never found it with out so fellow mustang lovers help me out i refuse to be stranded again over the same thing again last night was it for me
What distributers are you buying, are they new or rebuilt?
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

msd pro bluitt part 8455

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

msd pro bliutt part 8455 it was new one before that was reman
Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
msd pro bluitt part 8455

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

msd pro bliutt part 8455 it was new one before that was reman
The MSD Pro Billet Distributor #8455 does not require an MSD box to function, nor does it come with a module. You have to supply your own module.

Did you check the wires and look into replacing the PIP sensor like we spoke about in your other thread?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtyred69
Ok I just replaced my o2 sensors and got a half mile down the street it stopped code 211 I have a msd distributor I replaced the stock one because of this same issue

Code 211 is the PIP Sensor (Pickup Coil) in the distributor I believe.
The PIP is responsible for base spark and injector timing from what I have read.
Sounds like you might need a new one, but I'd double check the distributor wiring first to ensure there are no broken or disconnected wires.

PIP Sensor Replacement
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes wires were fine I have the pip part also
Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Yes wires were fine I have the pip part also
Ok, Now before you start the engine after replacing the PIP, check and double check all of your grounds, engine, frame, ECU, etc.. It is very important to ensure that they are all in excellent working order and not corroded, broken or disconnected.

Do the same for your positive battery cable connections to ensure you are getting full system voltage everywhere it needs to be.

Another problem area can be vacuum leaks around your Fuel Injector O-ring seals.
You can get a full Fuel Injector Service kit with O-rings, caps and filters from RJM Injection Tech for around $20.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

how many grounds do i have or where can i find this info
Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
how many grounds do i have or where can i find this info
I don't know for sure where you can find the exact number.
Check the battery to engine, engine to frame or firewall, ECU to frame or body.
Those are the most important at the moment.
There are numerous others throughout the car for various lights and electrical accessories, but if they are working we won't be concerned with them right now.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The only one I'm not sure about is ecu to frame where the ecu located
Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
The only one I'm not sure about is ecu to frame where the ecu located
Behind the kick panel on the passenger side.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT