Mustang Evolution Forum banner

full compound buff

11K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mystang50 
#1 ·
Got a freind who paints car, now I was talking to him the other day and he said he'll do a full compound buff on my car for $200 is that a good price?? He said it would be a full days work. I've never buff'd cuz I don't want to mess up my paint I Jus want to get some input if that is a good price

#3 ·
Yep, as long as he knows what he is doing and doesn't burn through the paint, especially on the corners. :good:

#6 · (Edited)
Taxman said:
I did mine for $18.00 keep in mind I already had a buffer... An I'm not talking about a 20.00 job from wal mart.... It's more like a grinder :) here is a pic of the door after and the rear quarter panel before....
Nice

#8 ·
SpectorV said:
if done correctly by someone that KNOWS what they are doing it can make the paint look great.
Yeah he knows what he's doing...my paint is good for a 95...I was told it would get all swirl mark out and really make it pop...$200 Jus sounded like a lot so I was Jus asking

Attachments

#9 ·
Is he using a rotary or dual action? Does he know what he's doing with a rotary? Can he finish out with the rotary or no? Depending on how far you want to take correction is how much I would charge. Take for example I start at 125$ for a 1 step polish and go from there. The price goes up as more polishing/compounding steps are done.

#10 ·
Southern stang said:
Is he using a rotary or dual action? Does he know what he's doing with a rotary? Can he finish out with the rotary or no? Depending on how far you want to take correction is how much I would charge. Take for example I start at 125$ for a 1 step polish and go from there. The price goes up as more polishing/compounding steps are done.
Idk that man, I Jus asked him and that's what he told me after he looked at my car...ill get more info from him

#11 ·
mystang50 said:
Idk that man, I Jus asked him and that's what he told me after he looked at my car...ill get more info from him
Pretty sure it rotary....what's diff?

#12 ·
Rotary just spins in a circle.

DA (Dual Action/Orbital) spins a circle within a circle.

Attachments

#13 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Rotary just spins in a circle.

DA (Dual Action/Orbital) spins a circle within a circle.
O I c...cool...I think ima let him do it next weekend Jus to see how it will turn out...will post pics IF I can scratch up the $$ Hahaha

#14 ·
Can't wait to see the pics man! The DA is alot safer to use, but under heavy compounding a rotary is much faster for the grunt work. There's alot more of a chance of burning the paint with a rotary also. Was just curious :)

#16 ·
blackhawk 1 said:
good luck !
Yeah got moved back another week. The 18th :( but ill get r done soon

#17 ·
Not trying to be a ass but your "friend" is gonna charge you $200!?! This might just be me but I would never do that to a friend. Bring the beer and burgers and we will knock it out this weekend is what I would tell you.

Hope it all works out and I'm sure if he knows what he is doing then it will look great in the end.

#18 ·
Yeah hes not really a good friend. He jus did a paint job on a fteinds stang and I.jus asked him how.much to buff mine and he said $200

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.