Intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Intake

does anyone know what all is needed to run a victor intake on a stock 94 mustang gt i know bigger injectors for sure some say wont fit stock heads have to upgrade heads some say gt40 heads will do fine any help would be grateful i found the intake 70 mm t boddie and 2 performance fuel pumps with injector harness for 250
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00 View Post
does anyone know what all is needed to run a victor intake on a stock 94 mustang gt i know bigger injectors for sure some say wont fit stock heads have to upgrade heads some say gt40 heads will do fine any help would be grateful i found the intake 70 mm t boddie and 2 performance fuel pumps with injector harness for 250
First and foremost you need an engine that is capable of using the air flow a Victor intake will provide.
If you just bolt it onto a stock engine you will be sorely disappointed, as it will likely turn into an under performing slug.
You will also need a set of heads designed to work with that air flow, I.E. Victor heads.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

First and foremost you need an engine that is capable of using the air flow a Victor intake will provide.
If you just bolt it onto a stock engine you will be sorely disappointed, as it will likely turn into an under performing slug.
You will also need a set of heads designed to work with that air flow, I.E. Victor heads.
+1

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00
For a stock 94 gt have u ever considered a ford intake such as a cobra intake or gt40 tubular intake. Wont need injectors just bolt it up an u will have better performance with it on a "stock" mustang than the victor jr intake
OG86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Noooo, you can't get it before me, lol.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Well for that price i cant get another tb and intake combo what is a good i trying get tb cam and headers all for under 600 this does that but if wont work anybody know were a good used intake

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

And the so called gt40 intake looks just like my stock one how i know it just not a painted stock gt intake anny stamps to tell
Old 01-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Well for that price i cant get another tb and intake combo what is a good i trying get tb cam and headers all for under 600 this does that but if wont work anybody know were a good used intake

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

And the so called gt40 intake looks just like my stock one how i know it just not a painted stock gt intake anny stamps to tell
The GT40 is the Tubular intake.
The Cobra is a cast version of the GT40.
They are easy to tell from the stock intakes.

P.S. I'd be willing to give you the 250 for the intake alone if it is the Victor EFI?
Or, If I could find someone to remove it for me, I have a Cobra intake I would trade?
I can use it with my SC and Edelbrock RPM heads.

Do you by chance have a picture of it?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

The GT40 is the Tubular intake.
The Cobra is a cast version of the GT40.
They are easy to tell from the stock intakes.

P.S. I'd be willing to give you the 250 for the intake alone if it is the Victor EFI?
Or, If I could find someone to remove it for me, I have a Cobra intake I would trade?
I can use it with my SC and Edelbrock RPM heads.

Do you by chance have a picture of it?
Its on our local Craigslist.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

And Robert, look at the pic in my avatar, that's the gt40 lower with the upper off.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Here is a side by side of my intakes for ya.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4172947888.png
Views:	187
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	39697  

Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I'm fixing to get a new set of heads and another intake to compliment them. We can work something out if you want em.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

is that gt 40 heads john cause i would like theme why you changing theme let me know im looking i should have my mony fri or next fri

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

trojan horse i could do that if you want i wouldnt mind a cobra intake i need a tb and fuel pump the victor comes with 70 mm tb and 2 performance fuel pumps let me know what you wanna do were you live anywere close
Old 01-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120131_174845.png
Views:	157
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	39746
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

im looking into all my options
Old 01-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
is that gt 40 heads john cause i would like theme why you changing theme let me know im looking i should have my mony fri or next fri

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

trojan horse i could do that if you want i wouldnt mind a cobra intake i need a tb and fuel pump the victor comes with 70 mm tb and 2 performance fuel pumps let me know what you wanna do were you live anywere close
Thanks kid_kash, but after seeing in your post above where you wouldn't have the money until Friday or the next Friday, I went ahead and purchased the intake, because I was afraid it would get away waiting that long.

I hope this does not make you mad at me, but I have been looking for one of those intakes for a long time to go with my SC and I couldn't afford a new one.

When it arrives and I check everything out, I won't have a use for the TB or the in tank 255 LPH fuel pump. We can probably work something out for those items if you need them?

I live in Missouri.
I think I am going to keep the Cobra intake and put it on my youngest daughter's 89 GT Convertible.
She was killed by a drunk driver in 2007 and we plan to fix up her 89' like she wanted it. Her sister's plan on taking it to car shows and displaying it with a plaque explaining what happened to her and asking people to not drink and drive. Hopefully it will do some good.
The Cobra intake was one of the modifications she wanted to do, so that will be one less thing we have to buy. I had forgotten that earlier when I made the offer until my wife reminded me and I apologize for that.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Thanks kid_kash, but after seeing in your post above where you wouldn't have the money until Friday or the next Friday, I went ahead and purchased the intake, because I was afraid it would get away waiting that long.

I hope this does not make you mad at me, but I have been looking for one of those intakes for a long time to go with my SC and I couldn't afford a new one.

When it arrives and I check everything out, I won't have a use for the TB or the in tank 255 LPH fuel pump. We can probably work something out for those items if you need them?

I live in Missouri.
I think I am going to keep the Cobra intake and put it on my youngest daughter's 89 GT Convertible.
She was killed by a drunk driver in 2007 and we plan to fix up her 89' like she wanted it. Her sister's plan on taking it to car shows and displaying it with a plaque explaining what happened to her and asking people to not drink and drive. Hopefully it will do some good.
The Cobra intake was one of the modifications she wanted to do, so that will be one less thing we have to buy. I had forgotten that earlier when I made the offer until my wife reminded me and I apologize for that.
Wow man...I'm srry for ur loss... I hate drunk drivers!!lost 2 freinds for that same reason
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
Wow man...I'm srry for ur loss... I hate drunk drivers!!lost 2 freinds for that same reason
Thank you, I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
I'm sorry to hear about your friends too.
I lost a few of those due to alcohol too as I was growing up.
It's really hard to deal with in any circumstance.

While I did not turn into a teetotaler, completely against alcohol use, I very rarely drink any these days and I always caution family and friends who plan to or are consuming.
I know they may get tired of hearing it, but I feel that if I can make any impression at all and just save one life it is totally worthwhile for me to endure any harsh feelings or looks from those I care about.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Man im not mad at all thats awsome hope it works for you and that car for your daughyet is a great thing
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #17
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Man im not mad at all thats awsome hope it works for you and that car for your daughyet is a great thing
That's good to hear, I wouldn't want to offend you over something like that.
Thank you for the comment about my daughter's car, I appreciate it.

Note: I put my Comp Polymers upper box intake in the parts classifieds.
However it is for the GT40/Cobra lower.

Here is what Summit says about it:
Quote:
These polymer intake manifolds from COMP Cams replace the stock upper manifolds in your Ford to give you an average of a 20 hp gain and an additional 300 rpm, while dropping 16 lbs. of engine weight. They're designed to give you optimum horsepower potential without robbing your engine of torque and efficiency.

However, I think they are better suited to high revving or forced induction engines though.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I dont know what to do lol
Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I dont know what to do lol
Sit down and figure out exactly what you want to do with the car?
What you can afford to spend?
And what you expect out of the car?

List the answers to those questions and the mods you already have.
Then we can help you research and decide what you should do next.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT