door pins - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
door pins

I'm in the process of putting new pins amd bushings in my driver side door. I've put pins in b4 in other vehicles. But these was a little different getting them out. I have everything out now amd but the new bushings didn't want to drive in. So I took a drill bit amd drilled the holes just alittle in the door hinges. And finally got the bushings in but they are oblong shape amd I dontknow how tuff it's going to be to get the pins in since the bushings are oblong. Taking a break now. Y'all have any tips or anythinh
Robbie94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: door pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie94gt View Post
I'm in the process of putting new pins amd bushings in my driver side door. I've put pins in b4 in other vehicles. But these was a little different getting them out. I have everything out now amd but the new bushings didn't want to drive in. So I took a drill bit amd drilled the holes just alittle in the door hinges. And finally got the bushings in but they are oblong shape amd I dontknow how tuff it's going to be to get the pins in since the bushings are oblong. Taking a break now. Y'all have any tips or anythinh
They are oblong or egg shaped to help hold them in the hole and keep them from rotating.
You were supposed to tap them in without drilling out the hole and they would have rounded out to fit the pins going into the hole.
Now you should probably tap them on the side to round them out before installing them and then epoxy them in place so they don't move or pop out.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I've got them in now. Man feels like a new door shutting and closing. I didn't drill much at all. It just didn't seem like they would have drove in without messing the bushin up. But I got it. Good amd tight. Thansk
Robbie94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: door pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie94gt View Post
I've got them in now. Man feels like a new door shutting and closing. I didn't drill much at all. It just didn't seem like they would have drove in without messing the bushin up. But I got it. Good amd tight. Thansk
Just make sure the pin is rotating in the bushing and not the bushing rotating in the door hinge.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

« A cool engine | Nos »