Switching interior - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
choppa5307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111
Switching interior

Switching my interior over in my 88 lx so far I got everything out but the dash and the other car everything out but the dash but I was wondering is there a wat I car dye my headliner another color
choppa5307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Switching interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppa5307 View Post
Switching my interior over in my 88 lx so far I got everything out but the dash and the other car everything out but the dash but I was wondering is there a wat I car dye my headliner another color
Yes, there are several companies that make vinyl and fabric coatings.
Dupli-Color is one of them that most auto parts stores carry.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Lrs sells great interior paint and carpet.it is all color matching to all factory interior colors.I have personally used the smoked gray.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
choppa5307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111
Thanks I should b finished wit the interior Toma I post pics

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Has anyone used the on 3 performance 5 lug conversion kit it's $325.99 from jegs
choppa5307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Switching interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppa5307 View Post
Thanks I should b finished wit the interior Toma I post pics

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Has anyone used the on 3 performance 5 lug conversion kit it's $325.99 from jegs
No, but they look ok and it's easier than sourcing all the parts from salvage yards.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

No, but they look ok and it's easier than sourcing all the parts from salvage yards.
But isn't the rear basically just 2 passenger side axle shafts from a ford ranger for the 5 lug and crown Vic rotors for the front at a JY?
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Switching interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
But isn't the rear basically just 2 passenger side axle shafts from a ford ranger for the 5 lug and crown Vic rotors for the front at a JY?
Yeah, pretty much and you will need the drums too.
BUT, they will all be used parts and some salvage yards try to price them as new.
It can definitely be done cheaper if you don't mind sacrificing some quality.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Yeah, pretty much and you will need the drums too.
BUT, they will all be used parts and some salvage yards try to price them as new.
It can definitely be done cheaper if you don't mind sacrificing some quality.
Yea, I have a yard here that is fairly reasonable. But I understand what your saying.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
choppa5307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111
Yea u right my uncle gave me 5 cobra R rims yesterday some 20's and plan on doing that
choppa5307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interior! horsin_around 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 7 03-02-2012 10:37 PM
interior paint austinknoll Mustang Paint, Appearance & Detailing 0 01-09-2012 11:08 PM
Interior Light avengnd 2011-2014 Mustang GT 11 12-13-2011 09:37 AM
Interior Issues? Dion11197 2011-2014 Mustang GT 20 12-05-2011 07:55 AM
Selling interior!! Torresgt91 1996-2004 Mustang GT 12 10-16-2011 02:31 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:37 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.