Junkyard Part List - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
88gtCc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Junkyard Part List

Hey guys! My friend just picked up a foxbody just like mine (88 gt). We were curious as to what parts could be upgraded from other cars. I know Ive seen that the gt-40 intake is off some year explorer and 24lbs injectors can be found on a diff vehicle. Can anyone specify which years and models exactly; and is there anything else that could be upgraded? Thanks!!
88gtCc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Junkyard Part List

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtCc View Post
Hey guys! My friend just picked up a foxbody just like mine (88 gt). We were curious as to what parts could be upgraded from other cars. I know Ive seen that the gt-40 intake is off some year explorer and 24lbs injectors can be found on a diff vehicle. Can anyone specify which years and models exactly; and is there anything else that could be upgraded? Thanks!!
Suspension, 5-lug conversion and brakes from the SN95's.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Most of the 4.6 v8 trucks use 24lb injectors. You can use the front spindles off any 94-98 mustang (v6 or gt, they are the same). Maf housing can be used off the sn95 if you keep the 19lb injectors.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
88gtCc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Thanks for the quick replies! Slow, do you happen to know which trucks by chance? Or is there a way I could determine their 24lbs by looking at them? Not too sure on the gt40 intake still. Some year explorer? Are there any gt40 heads that came stock on a car (other than cobras of course lol)?
88gtCc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
5.slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Delaware
Posts: 270
V8 explorers and mountaineers until 2001 had either gt40 or gt40p heads.
5.slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
88gtCc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 59
Good to know The gt40p's require new plug wires correct? Something about weird angles and the headers? Can I assume that the intake would also be the gt-40 if it has the gt-40 heads?
88gtCc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Junkyard Part List

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
Most of the 4.6 v8 trucks use 24lb injectors. You can use the front spindles off any 94-98 mustang (v6 or gt, they are the same). Maf housing can be used off the sn95 if you keep the 19lb injectors.
I recently read that the SN95 MAF is bigger at 70MM, but the backflow inhibitor inside it reduces the flow to little more than a 55MM, so it isn't really any better than the stock Fox Body MAF meters.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

I recently read that the SN95 MAF is bigger at 70MM, but the backflow inhibitor inside it reduces the flow to little more than a 55MM, so it isn't really any better than the stock Fox Body MAF meters.
Doesn't look like it inhibits it too much to me, but heres a side by side for comparison.
Attached Images
 
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtCc
Good to know The gt40p's require new plug wires correct? Something about weird angles and the headers? Can I assume that the intake would also be the gt-40 if it has the gt-40 heads?
If you get the "p" specific headers plug wire selection won't be a problem. The spark plug angles were almost straight out instead of angled for better combustion.

96-01 explorers and 97-01 mountaineers had the gt40 intake. 96- early 97 explorers had gt40 heads and from late 97-01 they switched to gt40p. All v8 mountaineers from 97-01 had gt40p heads.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:23 AM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Junkyard Part List

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
Doesn't look like it inhibits it too much to me, but heres a side by side for comparison.
Doesn't look like it if that's it on the right, but that's what the Ford Performance book I have says.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88gtCc
Thanks for the quick replies! Slow, do you happen to know which trucks by chance? Or is there a way I could determine their 24lbs by looking at them? Not too sure on the gt40 intake still. Some year explorer? Are there any gt40 heads that came stock on a car (other than cobras of course lol)?
Here's a quick reference for ya, I believe it's somewhere in the stickies too. I'm not certain on which specific years but the chart will at least give you a visual aide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3196092401.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	41707  
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
Registered User
Newbie
 
CatchMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 15
Re: Junkyard Part List

Any suggestions as to how to route the clutch cable on an 89 5.0
CatchMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post Your Ink - Part II Lalayla Pictures and Videos 335 08-24-2013 04:51 PM
my mod list questions imhooked 1996-2004 Mustang GT 22 02-19-2012 02:07 PM
Craigs list advise captain78 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 02-14-2012 04:19 PM
new part on the car Always broke 2005-2010 Mustang GT 0 02-01-2012 10:59 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



12:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.