Mustang Evolution Forum banner

01-03 cobra SVT rims on a fox?

Tags
svt
3K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  zeltik 
#1 ·
Jst bought some rims i believe they are off an 01 cobra their 17 and 245 wide all 4 wheels. Got em for $370 with new tires but now im scared they wont fit on my 88 foxbody and i wont be able to try them on till i get it back from some engine work their doing to it. Anyone has this wheels on their fox or knw if ill fit?

#10 ·
No, they won't fit.You should just send them to me and I'll use them on my Ranger. ;) :D

They should be ok. If the front tires rub a bit you can put some steering rack limiters on to keep them from rubbing, but you will lose a bit of turning radius. :good:

#12 ·
Sorry, but that was "kind of" intentional. ;)
I think you'll be ok with them. :good:

P.S. Me too on the fire truck driving. Put in 20 years on the Fire Department & Rescue Squad. :good:

#14 ·
Well, years ago I was in your place. :)
I did pretty good with everything except the propane tank fire training.
With all that heat and noise it was really hard to make my self get close enough to shut down the valve, when what I really wanted to do was run fast and far away. :eek: :D

#15 ·
Yea i guess we all have to start some day as a rookie lol i looove my fitness training i was actually the youngest one in it when we all started and one of the strongest one so it gave me alot of confidence but then we started the hydrolic and safety training and every one was ahead of me by alot i didnt knw how to do anything s:

#17 ·
Your going to have to run a spacer if its a 9'' wheel to have full turning radius. I work at discount tire and one of the purchases I was going to do was the 17x9 03 cobra wheel. After putting a 245-45-17 on it, I added a 1/8'' spacer and was good to go!

but I dont like spacers personally so I didnt buy...

#18 ·
Thats what i thought in the beginning and im not a fan of them ether, how much are the spacers? And will there be much difference? or do i have to buy the set of 4 so it looks even

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

1995boss said:
Put a pic on the thread when you get them on.
Sure will :)

#19 ·
Spacers vary in cost, I dont know if any of the site sponsors carry them but autozone or o'reillys should have them. When I priced mine into my build, they were just about 20-30 dollars

depending if you have quad shocks, buying the rears too might be a good idea so you dont have to take them off.

#20 ·
That sounds better i was taking a look at them on american muscle and their $100 the pair and i need 2 sets. Ima wait and see how it fits and feels before i get them, i really dnt wana get spacers but if i do ill check those stores for sure first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.