South jersey - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
South jersey

Does anyone on here live in south jersey around vineland area. Looking for someone with good skills to help me replace a distributor, i will help and will pay a little.
Matt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: South jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt5.0 View Post
Does anyone on here live in south jersey around vineland area. Looking for someone with good skills to help me replace a distributor, i will help and will pay a little.
Sorry, I'm not even close, but if you buy yourself a Chilton's or Haynes manual for your car, you should be able to follow the instructions on how to replace the distributor.
It is not all that difficult, it just requires attention to details.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yeah have one, and have self tought myself so far on everything i done so far but worried about f**king something up
Matt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: South jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt5.0 View Post
Yeah have one, and have self tought myself so far on everything i done so far but worried about f**king something up
I wish I were close enough to help you, but that's not the case.
Just follow the instructions closely and if you have other concerns or questions post them up here and we'll do our best to help you.

One of the most important things to do is to bring the engine up to TDC on #1 cylinder, making sure you are on the compression stroke. You can check that by ensuring that both valves are completely closed. The rotor in the distributor should be pointed at the #1 spark plug wire connection if it is properly timed. Then, when reinstalling just make sure that the new distributor is installed in the same position. This is sometimes difficult to achieve and may take several tries to accomplish.

Also make sure when you pull the distributor that the oil pump driveshaft stays in place. If it comes up and drops into the pan, you will need to fish it out and put it back into the pump before reinstalling the distributor and starting the engine. It is actually best to replace the driveshaft with an aftermarket HD one while you have it apart if you can afford to do so.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT