Anyone know about Tein Suspension - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Anyone know about Tein Suspension

I know these are adjustable and can be control inside the car. The basics is really all I know just seeing if the would be used for anything besides road racing. And what's a good set up for street to strip?
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Anyone know about Tein Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post
I know these are adjustable and can be control inside the car. The basics is really all I know just seeing if the would be used for anything besides road racing. And what's a good set up for street to strip?
Made in Japan so, "You pays you money and you takes you chances."

I'd go with one of the name brand suppliers for suspension.
My personal favorites are Maximum Motorsports, QA-1 and Strange, but there are many more to choose from.

I don't know how many of them make systems that can be controlled from inside the car, but it's only a minor inconvenience to twist some knobs outside before you take off and the cost is bound to be much less too.

There are many benefits to having an adjustable suspension. The ability to drive in off the street and then make changes for different types of racing is a huge plus IMO.

For Street/Strip duty I want to go with the Maximum Motorsports Launch Box if I can ever save up enough cash, which may be impossible in my current situation and condition.

I will go with their K-Member as they are the "ONLY" company out there who will certify their K-Member for street use. Just look at picture comparisons of theirs versus others and you will easily see why I am sold on them.

Since the Launch Box I desire is so expensive , (that's all I can do about it for now ) I will probably end up using a combination of the Maximum Motorsports K-Member and Strange suspension components to complete my suspension build. Strange makes good quality affordable components and they have been in business for as long as I can remember, so they must be doing something right.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Made in Japan so, "You pays you money and you takes you chances."

I'd go with one of the name brand suppliers for suspension.
My personal favorites are Maximum Motorsports, QA-1 and Strange, but there are many more to choose from.

I don't know how many of them make systems that can be controlled from inside the car, but it's only a minor inconvenience to twist some knobs outside before you take off and the cost is bound to be much less too.

There are many benefits to having an adjustable suspension. The ability to drive in off the street and then make changes for different types of racing is a huge plus IMO.

For Street/Strip duty I want to go with the Maximum Motorsports Launch Box if I can ever save up enough cash, which may be impossible in my current situation and condition.

I will go with their K-Member as they are the "ONLY" company out there who will certify their K-Member for street use. Just look at picture comparisons of theirs versus others and you will easily see why I am sold on them.

Since the Launch Box I desire is so expensive , (that's all I can do about it for now ) I will probably end up using a combination of the Maximum Motorsports K-Member and Strange suspension components to complete my suspension build. Strange makes good quality affordable components and they have been in business for as long as I can remember, so they must be doing something right.
Sounds like you know most about the suspension. The only reason I asked about Tein is because I've never heard of anyone runnin them. I not a guru on suspension so more than likely I'll be running to here for answers haha or you. I'll have to look into that K member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Sounds like you know most about the suspension. The only reason I asked about Tein is because I've never heard of anyone runnin them. I not a guru on suspension so more than likely I'll be running to here for answers haha or you. I'll have to look into that K member.
The Tein parts may be ok. Unlike the Chinese who have a reputation for inferior knockoffs, the Japanese can and do build some good quality stuff. I just don't have any knowledge or experience of or with them.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have done a lot of research on what I should use on my own car and I'll be happy to share what I have learned with you.

The MM K-Member is the only way to go if you want to use an aftermarket piece.
I spent a lot of time contacting numerous other manufacturers and they all would not certify their K-Members for street use, they specified "Racing Only" which confused me because who would anyone want to run a piece on their race car that would not hold up to street duty.

That and I read about and saw pictures of some of those other units used on the street that had failed and broken.

Search diligently, research thoroughly and be safe above all else!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

The Tein parts may be ok. Unlike the Chinese who have a reputation for inferior knockoffs, the Japanese can and do build some good quality stuff. I just don't have any knowledge or experience of or with them.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have done a lot of research on what I should use on my own car and I'll be happy to share what I have learned with you.

The MM K-Member is the only way to go if you want to use an aftermarket piece.
I spent a lot of time contacting numerous other manufacturers and they all would not certify their K-Members for street use, they specified "Racing Only" which confused me because who would anyone want to run a piece on their race car that would not hold up to street duty.

That and I read about and saw pictures of some of those other units used on the street that had failed and broken.

Search diligently, research thoroughly and be safe above all else!
I think I need to just keep doing what I have been for my understanding. All my friends give me crap because I research soo much about things just to understand the core meaning to the finest detail. I'll just have to get my fabrication skills up to be a rounded in garage mechanic.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I think I need to just keep doing what I have been for my understanding. All my friends give me crap because I research soo much about things just to understand the core meaning to the finest detail. I'll just have to get my fabrication skills up to be a rounded in garage mechanic.
Don't let them get to you. I have the same problems here with my buddies.
However, guess who they turn to when they are having problems.
Understand what you are doing is a key ingredient as to why you are doing it.

Keep practicing your fab work, the skills will come to you in time.
Remember that for strength "triangulation" is king and proper preparation is 9/10ths of the job.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Tein is very good but mostly for the import world. This is the first I've heard of them having mustang suspension. I had their coil overs on my old crx and they handled very well.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
^+1. I ran Tein suspension components on my old Wrx and Dsm without any problems. They are known as one of the best suspension makers for imports. I dont think you'd be dissapointed
88gtCc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

What they had was expensive, not for the older Mustangs and definitely not "Made In The USA."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT