Looking a cobra rear bumper. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
1995boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 333
Looking a cobra rear bumper.

Know about ABC exclusive but they don't have a rear cobra bumper from 94-98 looking for the imprinted cobra lettering in the bumper. Some help me out. Not wanting a used one.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Looking a cobra rear bumper.

You could try Latemodel Restoration or CJ Pony Parts...I know they specialize in resto parts...I believe they offer cheaper bumpers without the letter stamping (shaved) and OEM ones with the stamping.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1995boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03
You could try Latemodel Restoration or CJ Pony Parts...I know they specialize in resto parts...I believe they offer cheaper bumpers without the letter stamping (shaved) and OEM ones with the stamping.
Late model dosent I already looked. I'm looking for one for 94-98 with the Cobra pressed into it.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Looking a cobra rear bumper.

I never bought anything here so I cannot vouch for them, but here it is...

Mr BodyKit
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
1995boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
I never bought anything here so I cannot vouch for them, but here it is...

Mr BodyKit
Thank you my friend. Always can count on you. I've been thinking what books did you read to gain knowledge about performance modifications? I have " how to build big-inch ford small blocks" book and a forced induction book. What books would you advise?
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Looking a cobra rear bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post
Thank you my friend. Always can count on you. I've been thinking what books did you read to gain knowledge about performance modifications? I have " how to build big-inch ford small blocks" book and a forced induction book. What books would you advise?
I have so many, it's hard to choose, so I will list what I have.


One of my favorites, but it doesn't cover your 95 is the "Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control" by Charles O. Probst, SAE. I have both copies, the 1980-1987 & the 1988-1993 versions. You might search and see if he wrote a version for your year model. His information is very complete and detailed and he discusses both sides on modifications. The government regulations side and the enthusiast's side.


I also have numerous Chilton's repair manuals. They are invaluable sources of information and specifications when you need them.


Any Ford service manuals you can get your hands on for your year model are also very useful and will contain information not found in other sources.


I have a Ford Mustang Projects book, which mostly contains information on projects that is also easily available online, but for quick reference out in the shop they are useful.


Second favorite, I also have a copy of the "Official Ford Mustang 5.0 Technical Reference & Performance Handbook", by Al Kirschenbaum. It has tons of info for researching, rebuilding, restoring and upgrading the 79-93 V8 models including special models and limited editions.


And I have a copy of the "Mustang Performance Handbook", by HP Books/William R. Mathis. It outlines engine and drivetrain modifications for street, drag or road racing. It says it is for 79-Present Mustangs, but "Present" means 1994 when it was first printed.


I am currently looking for a copy of a Mustang suspension book, which I can't remember the exact name of at the moment.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Looking a cobra rear bumper.

I have many more performance books and manuals out in my shop that cover a range of years from around 1969 to 1995. Having never owned anything with a 4.6 engine myself, I just never purchased any newer model books other than an occasional Chilton's manual for whatever the wife is driving.. That's an oversight I should probably correct at some point.

One big benefit for me is that I love to read and spend hours doing so when I can.
My problem lies in being able to accurately remember what I read, so I depend on having the books for reminders and memory refreshment when I need them.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1995boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
I have many more performance books and manuals out in my shop that cover a range of years from around 1969 to 1995. Having never owned anything with a 4.6 engine myself, I just never purchased any newer model books other than an occasional Chilton's manual for whatever the wife is driving.. That's an oversight I should probably correct at some point.

One big benefit for me is that I love to read and spend hours doing so when I can.
My problem lies in being able to accurately remember what I read, so I depend on having the books for reminders and memory refreshment when I need them.
Sounds like a pretty well rounded collection. I'll have to build up my book library as well.

What do you prefer of the with the 79"-93" mustangs?
4 eyed?
Notch back?

From you book collection sounds to me like that's your favorite era.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Looking a cobra rear bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post
Sounds like a pretty well rounded collection. I'll have to build up my book library as well.

What do you prefer of the with the 79"-93" mustangs?
4 eyed?
Notch back?

From you book collection sounds to me like that's your favorite era.
I like the front of the 4 eyes the best and coupes are cool too in any year.


I like the 94 & 95 models as well, I just happened to start with the older model.
I owned a Sapphire Blue 95 GT a few years back. Ended up selling it to my youngest brother and using the money to by a Paxton Novi 2000, PMS tuner and several other mods for the 86 GT.


The 95 GT did ride and handle better than my 86, but it just felt big and lethargic in comparison. It really wasn't, that's just my perception of owning and driving both of them. I just "felt" better in the 86 if that makes any sense.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss
Know about ABC exclusive but they don't have a rear cobra bumper from 94-98 looking for the imprinted cobra lettering in the bumper. Some help me out. Not wanting a used one.
I see you don't want used but mustang parts specialties is a great company that is highly recommend. They do have some new stuff as well.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Blue oval has the the cobra stamped rear bumper for 94-98 for $350
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
jhagan1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 648
The 96 and up has cobra stamped in them. 94/95 just says mustang so be careful when asking for the bumper.
jhagan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**Official Post your Rims Thread** Come here if you're looking for rim pictures. Zim Mustang Wheels & Tires 544 05-31-2017 12:28 PM
SOLD! Comp Polymers Upper Box Intake for GT40/Cobra Lower Trojan Horse Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 4 04-04-2012 08:08 PM
Toyo tires and seporate COBRA R rims 2Greeny7 Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 17 03-15-2012 11:02 AM
2012 GT W/Brembos.... Looking for Wheels. Srohda 2011-2014 Mustang GT 17 03-07-2012 08:56 AM
95 cobra vs 93 347?[race] 93_347foxbody 1979-1995 Mustang GT 27 03-03-2012 12:12 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.