a couple more swap pics... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
a couple more swap pics...

the pics dat wouldnt fit...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stang220.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	42799   Click image for larger version

Name:	stangmotr5.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	42800  

Name:	stang233.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	42801   Click image for larger version

Name:	stang232.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	42802  

Name:	stangmotr2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	42804   Click image for larger version

Name:	stangmotr1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	42805  

Name:	st5.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	42806   Click image for larger version

Name:	st11.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	42807  

Attached Images

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: a couple more swap pics...

That intake is close to the firewall, hope a motor mount doesn't fail.

I'm late to this I guess what are you doing here, looks like two different cars?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
That intake is close to the firewall, hope a motor mount doesn't fail.

I'm late to this I guess what are you doing here, looks like two different cars?
im just showing how i took everything outa the 92 coup and installed it in the 96... basicly wut it looked like in the coupe.

u may see it in these pics or on the original thread.... but i have a torque link holdn the motor down. its connected to the compressor. i used the torque link on the other coupe too. i never trusted ford mounts... especialy wit a street blower designed for low end.

bbk said it wont fit wit the stock hood... then i added a 1" spacer to clear the valve covers and throttle bracket. and voila...now i got a high rise efi intake lmao.

with supercharger bolted on it looks pretty menacing....cause it sits up so high.

i think the convertible motor mounts are a tad lower.. but fuk it, its n now.

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
im just showing how i took everything outa the 92 coup and installed it in the 96... basicly wut it looked like in the coupe.

u may see it in these pics or on the original thread.... but i have a torque link holdn the motor down. its connected to the compressor. i used the torque link on the other coupe too. i never trusted ford mounts... especialy wit a street blower designed for low end.

bbk said it wont fit wit the stock hood... then i added a 1" spacer to clear the valve covers and throttle bracket. and voila...now i got a high rise efi intake lmao.
with supercharger bolted on it looks pretty menacing....cause it sits up so high.
i think the convertible motor mounts are a tad lower.. but fuk it, its n now.
I ran across your other thread and figured it out shortly after I posted that.

I use a solid mount on the DS and a torque link JIC. Never hurts to be prepared.
The convertible mounts are a bit shorter, about 1" if I remember correctly.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
I ran across your other thread and figured it out shortly after I posted that.

I use a solid mount on the DS and a torque link JIC. Never hurts to be prepared.
The convertible mounts are a bit shorter, about 1" if I remember correctly.
your prolly right.... but ima poor kid tryn to play wit da rich kids...lol. at the time i was just swapn everything over and not tryn to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak.

not to mention, im not a fan of solid mounts on street cars...

not to mention, i paid 8.50 for the torque link from lowe's versus 59.99 from jegs. its adjustable so i can dial out the vibration if it gets too annoying.. u dont have that option with solid mounts. and i drive from columbus to cincinnati and thats a tad bit over 100mi.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
your prolly right.... but ima poor kid tryn to play wit da rich kids...lol. at the time i was just swapn everything over and not tryn to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak.

not to mention, im not a fan of solid mounts on street cars...

not to mention, i paid 8.50 for the torque link from lowe's versus 59.99 from jegs. its adjustable so i can dial out the vibration if it gets too annoying.. u dont have that option with solid mounts. and i drive from columbus to cincinnati and thats a tad bit over 100mi.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm always short in the cash department too, but probably being much older than you I have had years to acquire useful items such as the solid mount. I only used one so the vibration isn't bad at all. I have had numerous people tell me that I can't do that and that it will break something, but it's been on there for years now with no adverse effects. My torque link is nothing more than an oversized turnbuckle from a hardware store and I've used a simple piece of 3/8" chain too.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm always short in the cash department too, but probably being much older than you I have had years to acquire useful items such as the solid mount. I only used one so the vibration isn't bad at all. I have had numerous people tell me that I can't do that and that it will break something, but it's been on there for years now with no adverse effects. My torque link is nothing more than an oversized turnbuckle from a hardware store and I've used a simple piece of 3/8" chain too.
yup my lowes turnbuckle is da shiznit... chain... man dats ol' school drag race stuff lol. havent seen anyone use those in a while...lol.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

i woulda thought more ppl would been all over this thread. we will have 15ppl askn the same questions bout conversions this time next week....

Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

yup my lowes turnbuckle is da shiznit... chain... man dats ol' school drag race stuff lol. havent seen anyone use those in a while...lol.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

i woulda thought more ppl would been all over this thread. we will have 15ppl askn the same questions bout conversions this time next week....
I'm curious about the "lowes" torque link.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
I'm curious about the "lowes" torque link.

lmao... its just a turnbuckle like trojan said. however, jegs and prolly summit sell a similar product called a torque link. it just keeps the motor from over torqing and breaking your driver side motor mount.

however, i have noticed a differnce in launch with and without it. it doesnt seem like it would... but u actualy lose a whole lot of torque at the wheels when the motor does that slight lean when u get in it. with the torque link the lost torque goes to the wheels.

between the blower and having my rear suspension set-up... it was a very noticble difference. not sure if u could feel it much on stock suspension and stock motor or not.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Appreciate it, seems simple enough to fab up at work. I've had to replace the motor mount twice in my car and it's not too fun. My car doesn't have it too easy.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Appreciate it, seems simple enough to fab up at work. I've had to replace the motor mount twice in my car and it's not too fun. My car doesn't have it too easy.
dude, theyre like 8-9 bucks..with tax. im sure u could fab one... but they are pretty cheap.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

i bought two thinkn cause theyre so cheap it would break and id need another... 3yrs later, and i still got a spare lol..

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

tryn to think of something else cool i could strap/tie down...lol

Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
U have a pic of the t link? I would like to see where u mounted it.I actually have a turn buckle in the garage.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

dude, theyre like 8-9 bucks..with tax. im sure u could fab one... but they are pretty cheap.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

i bought two thinkn cause theyre so cheap it would break and id need another... 3yrs later, and i still got a spare lol..

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

tryn to think of something else cool i could strap/tie down...lol
I just meant the brackets, I think I might stop by lowes and grab a turnbuckle tomorrow.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
U have a pic of the t link? I would like to see where u mounted it.I actually have a turn buckle in the garage.

if u look at the top of the thread on second pic on right, u will c it connected to the a/c compressor....if u still cant c it, let me know and i will try to find the spare n da garage real quick and take a pic for u..

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote:
I just meant the brackets, I think I might stop by lowes and grab a turnbuckle tomorrow.
ahhh, ok. well where the swaybar attaches to the body is typicaly where they r mounted. i dont think u need a bracket... but if u can make one it will look better for sure. the one jegs sells has a bracket. but it still mounts in same spot.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
So you attach it to the compressor up top, what do you anchor it to?
Redsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsteel View Post
So you attach it to the compressor up top, what do you anchor it to?
^^^^^read up there, i just explained it.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

if u look at the top of the thread on second pic on right, u will c it connected to the a/c compressor....if u still cant c it, let me know and i will try to find the spare n da garage real quick and take a pic for u..

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

ahhh, ok. well where the swaybar attaches to the body is typicaly where they r mounted. i dont think u need a bracket... but if u can make one it will look better for sure. the one jegs sells has a bracket. but it still mounts in same spot.
The one I was looking at mounted behind the AC bracket against the head, I think it would look better mounted further down.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Ok .yeah I remember seeing it in the pic.cool.

I have ac delete kit, but I get the general idea.

So when u install it you don't want to tighten it super tight or no?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
The one I was looking at mounted behind the AC bracket against the head, I think it would look better mounted further down.

its da same thing/piece. mine is mounted there cause my driver side accessory bracket came off of an e-150. my car is a conversion and i didnt have any real v8 mustang stuff to work wit. believe me, i wanted to mount it on head, but there was no room.

doesnt matter where u put it really. ive seen guys fab up sum neat stuff an attach it to the intake and strut tower. so wutever works....

Old 03-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
Road Trip!

One more question: you think its safe using the bolt on the ac delete.the reason I ask cause my heads are aluminium and not sure if the aluminum is a strong enough anchor point.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #21
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Ok .yeah I remember seeing it in the pic.cool.

I have ac delete kit, but I get the general idea.

So when u install it you don't want to tighten it super tight or no?
if u make it super tight it will transmit vibration similar to solid motor mount.

if u want it super tight u can, it wont hurt nuthn. mine has maybe eighth inch of play or less. enough for the motor to freely wiggle when idling, but limits the travel when u stomp it so u dont tear out ur mounting point... if im making any sense.

u can play with it. when its race time tighten it..dd..u can leave it a lil loose. its up to u...

Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
Road Trip!

gotch ya.

you may have just started a new fad.lol were all gonna be running around with torque links.

i just went out and looked.the one i have looks to be perfect length and actually looks just like yours
Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #23
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
One more question: you think its safe using the bolt on the ac delete.the reason I ask cause my heads are aluminium and not sure if the aluminum is a strong enough anchor point.
i dont think its all that serious.... but, keep this in mind... the tighter it is, the less chance u have for stripn threads or other breakage. if u got too much slack, then u r giving stuff room to yank out, if im making any sense.

just make it snug..not over tighten..just snug and u will b fine.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #24
Road Trip!

got it.i may even make a bracket/plate so i can use 2 bolts instead of one.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
got it.i may even make a bracket/plate so i can use 2 bolts instead of one.
u can check the jeg's catolgue, or summit, or ebay... "torque link" so u can see the pic and know wut u wanna do.

like i said, they have it designed to bolt to the spot/area where the sway bar bolts to the body.. i hope that helps..

Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
Road Trip!

yes, helps alot.thanx for sharing the info
Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #27
Road Trip!
Supporter

High Strength Corrosion Resistant Turnbuckle 1

High Strength Corrosion Resistant Turnbuckle 2

Other styles to choose from if one of these does not suit.

Rust resistant and rated in load limit lbs.
Just add a bit more than you think you need to withstand any abrupt tugs on the turnbuckle.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #28
Road Trip!

This is the one I have hanging in the garage
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ForumRunner_20120307_203811.png
Views:	102
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	42903  
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #29
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
This is the one I have hanging in the garage
That should work fine.
You never know about the actual strength until you try them, but I have never broken mine with some pretty hard launches over the years and it looks just like that one.

I put up the ones above in case anyone reading the thread might be interested.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
Road Trip!

this one should be strong. we use them to make life lines on top of overhead cranes.it should be rated for at least 2500 lbs i think.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #31
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
this one should be strong. we use them to make life lines on top of overhead cranes.it should be rated for at least 2500 lbs i think.
WOW! That should be plenty strong enough.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT