2 more weeks - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94
Finally this nightmare is over!!!! There was nothing wrong your damaged with the car, turned out the chip from AM was not the way to go for me. I dropped the car off Wednesday and this morning had the car custom dynoed tune by (2nd street speed in Pa) with a 302 bored to 308 , HCI, full off-road exhaust the car dynoed at 304rwhp / 314ft/tq,

I'm picking the car up tomorrow I'll have pics and videos to follow!!!!

Thank you everyone for the help and info over the past year !!!!
Yay! Congrats man
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Thank You!! Now I can relax and be stress free for a few weeks lol
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #73
Road Trip!

I hear you on that. I hopefully have my bugs worked out but not positive.I was gonna take her for a spin today then it rained. I'm hoping I can put down similar numbers with mine and I would be happy. The best part of a build is when its all complete and you actually get to enjoy it. Happy tire smoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
I hear you on that. I hopefully have my bugs worked out but not positive.I was gonna take her for a spin today then it rained. I'm hoping I can put down similar numbers with mine and I would be happy. The best part of a build is when its all complete and you actually get to enjoy it. Happy tire smoke.
Thank you, good luck with yours let me know the outcome!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #75
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94

Thank you, good luck with yours let me know the outcome!!!!
Thanx. It may be a while before I actually get it on the dyno since my setup is tuned via a flathead screwdriver.(I'm carbed) after I built it I had water in my v covers. I did get a little seat time and I do know its a whole new animal.I just hope that problem don't come back.

Hey just a question. Did you use thread sealant on your bottom head bolts? Cause that's my main suspect right now.

Btw I love the stance of your car!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanx. It may be a while before I actually get it on the dyno since my setup is tuned via a flathead screwdriver.(I'm carbed) after I built it I had water in my v covers. I did get a little seat time and I do know its a whole new animal.I just hope that problem don't come back.

Hey just a question. Did you use thread sealant on your bottom head bolts? Cause that's my main suspect right now.

Btw I love the stance of your car!
Thanks I see lots of 94-98 style mustang, I wanted mine to stand out a bit more,...

I used thread sealant on everything top and bottom head bolts, intake
Old 04-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #77
Road Trip!

It does stand out. I think the black really sets it off. Are you gonna take that beast to the track? I'm curious to see what she runs.

Yeah I didn't use the thread sealant the first go. I rookied it. I never even used my Haynes manual once when I assembled it. I guess I got cocky? I just used the trickflow instruction sheet for reference only.and it didn't say anything, that I remember about sealant. So hopefully it was my colprat. I did let it idle for about 20 mins the other day.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It does stand out. I think the black really sets it off. Are you gonna take that beast to the track? I'm curious to see what she runs.

Yeah I didn't use the thread sealant the first go. I rookied it. I never even used my Haynes manual once when I assembled it. I guess I got cocky? I just used the trickflow instruction sheet for reference only.and it didn't say anything, that I remember about sealant. So hopefully it was my colprat. I did let it idle for about 20 mins the other day.
Yea I had my brother inlaw help me with the build , cause I would have made the same mistake ! It feels more rewarding nothing that I actually built that motor in my garage and not someone else.

I would like to get to the track before June, before the heat comes.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #79
Road Trip!

Well Mae sure you keep is posted on how that beast does.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well Mae sure you keep is posted on how that beast does.
I definitely will!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #81
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: 2 more weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94 View Post
Finally this nightmare is over!!!! There was nothing wrong your damaged with the car, turned out the chip from AM was not the way to go for me. I dropped the car off Wednesday and this morning had the car custom dynoed tune by (2nd street speed in Pa) with a 302 bored to 308 , HCI, full off-road exhaust the car dynoed at 304rwhp / 314ft/tq,

I'm picking the car up tomorrow I'll have pics and videos to follow!!!!

Thank you everyone for the help and info over the past year !!!!
I bet you are !

That's some respectable numbers. I believe you will enjoy it.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT