95gt auto. tranny help today b4 i spend anotha $500 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

95gt auto. tranny help today b4 i spend anotha $500

just had a tranny(auto) put in 3 weeks ago ran fine but i did notice a front seal leak or should i say im almost sure its a front seal leak heres the thing now im getting a code of 628 Excessive converter clutch slippage,Torque Converter Clutch selnoid fault I don't know which one it is or if its both when i drive the car the tranny changes out 1gear into 2gear at about 40-45mph which is fine but 2gear into 3gear it wont change out rpm will go up in the 3, 4 5 if i continue to stay on the gas pedal but doesnt change out or tor. converter doesn't lock up i guess no tranny auto shop i know will change tor.converter they all say rebuild the whole tranny $ is tight thats why i bought a used tranny it was cheaper than rebuilding. futher more i dont get codes for the gears just tor. converter i just had a sct chip that i installed i dont think thats the problem but reading my haynes book its says that there could be a problem with pcm sending info to tranny so im going to remove the chip just to satisfy my curiousty plz people help me here i just spent almost $3000 on extra stuff like full exhuast this includes headers high flo cats xpipe (basiclly full pypes exhst. system from front to rear bbk headers) this also includes the purchase of the used tranny which is still under warranty they willing to swap it out with another one what do you recommend i dont want to get another that might be in worst shape then this one that might be a chance i willing to take cause it seems to be the cheaper route to go let me know what you guys think i have this site on my android phone so i will receive reply instantly im waiting on response before i do anything so all knowledgeable people reply thanks in advance
durtyred69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: 95gt auto. tranny help today b4 i spend anotha $500

Did you get the torque converter seated properly in the pump before you tightened the bellhousing bolts? If not and you bolted it up unseated you may have ruined the converter and pump.

You may also have just had the solenoid to fail.

P.S. When you type in messages try to break them up with paragraphs.
When the text runs all together like that it is hard to read and decipher exactly what you are saying.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Road Trip!
Supporter

These guys are more qualified to help you than I am if you want to contact them.

Troubleshooting the AODE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

yup, ur right trojan... alota ppl dont know to the clockwise spin til the convertor drops onto the pump...

to original poster....

did you flush the tranny cooler and lines before installing the new trans? alot of times the lines/cooler will have trash from the old tranny. also, its highly recomended that u swap the convertor when u swap trannies. alot of times all the trash from the blown up tranny will collect in the convertor... when u use the old convertor with a new tranny, u dump all the metals/contaminents from your old tranny into the new one. which will clog up the valve body and mess up other components.

you could have a "good" used tranny and mess it up using your old convertor.

my bestie is a builder... and he wont warranty a new tranny if u dont use a new convertor and flush the lines.

i would have company swap u another unit... u get a "new" convertor... and flush the lines and cooler. i added sum cheap "8 pass" aftermarket coolers for safety for mine and didnt re-use the factory radiator cooler.

thats wut i would do... and everyone here will tell u ima super cheap ***.

btw, if company will swap trannies, c if they will leave the existing torque convertor on it.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok I have read all the responses, sorry about my typing I was rushing to get that thread out. When the shop replaced the tranny they didn't replace anything, they just swapped the trannys so no parts were switched between the two, so the tor. convter was the one for that tranny. Don't know if it was seated properly, or if they flush the tranny lines and cooler. All I know is that it ran ok when i got it back except for it was leaking from the front a little, it was determined that i had a front seal leak, on top of that I also noticed that when the tranny shifts from 2 to 3 it took a little longer then i thought it should and one night my wife drove up the street to grab us a bite to eat. she called me trying to explain what the car was doing. this was when i experience that it would not shift at all from 2 to 3 just rev the rpms up in the 3s 4s not shifting out or I guess tor. converter wasn't locking up, so it seems like the selnoid because it just stop shifting from 2 to 3. I'm having a hard time finding a converter clutch selnoid. I was thinking about having one put in over the weekend to see if that fixes it because it will be later next week before i get the other tranny put in. If the selnoid fixes the problem i might not get the other tranny is this a good idea if that fixes the problem or do you guys recommend just getting the other tranny and calling it a day
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Titus Wadicus
Regular

sounds like maybe shift solenoids, the convertor only locks up in overdrive (4gear)...its kinda like a fifth gear more or less. i really cant make that call for u, if u r having a shop do it it really depends on wut u wanna spend and ur finances.

im surprised they didnt put n a new rear main while they had ur tranny out the first time.. but wutever i guess

racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
thats wut i would do... and everyone here will tell u ima super cheap ***.
In light of your statement and being my bestus frenemy... I have awarded you a new user title.
I hope you approve.

If not, don't be offended, I will change it back.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
In light of your statement and being my bestus frenemy... I have awarded you a new user title.
I hope you approve.

If not, don't be offended, I will change it back.
luv it... luv it... luv it...

Old 03-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
luv it... luv it... luv it...
I was hoping you'd get a kick out of it.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

ok i think the tranny is good along with torque converter so im going to change the shift solenoid, while i'm in there also change the epc solenoid, tcc solenoid, and speed sensor finally transmission range sensor too i just hope this works. at least for awhile till i get a more powerful tranny, i just need something reiable till then. I just hope after all those solenoids and sensor that I'm replacing when i'm done that fixes the problem. I'll let you guys know I should be receiving the parts by Wednesday and install thursday evening. By the way where is my camshaft position sensor on my 95 5.0 in the dizzy right? It's the pip right i have the msd 8455 and I took it apart and replace the pip that is the electrical part i saw inside so plz some give me info on this cause i'm still getting the cylinder id unknown when i run dtc scan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT