Starter Gear - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Starter Gear

I'm going to be rebuilding my starter soon and I can't find where to get the gear online. Does anyone know where I can order these online?
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Starter Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody View Post
I'm going to be rebuilding my starter soon and I can't find where to get the gear online. Does anyone know where I can order these online?
The gear is probably part of the starter drive assembly, but ask before you order.
You may actually be better off picking up the parts locally.
Be sure your stator or rotor are not shorted out before you start, otherwise it will be a waste of time and money.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Re: Starter Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
The gear is probably part of the starter drive assembly, but ask before you order.
You may actually be better off picking up the parts locally.
Be sure your stator or rotor are not shorted out before you start, otherwise it will be a waste of time and money.
yeah everythings good on it but i figured since i have it off my car ill put a new gear on it since its a little worn down and grease everything up
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Hey just wondering where u picked up your rebuild kit?I just picked up a starter from the boneyard which I don't like doing.but anyways I also was wondering how much it cost.just incase mine don't work great.I did a little searching on the web before I picked mine up and I didn't find a whole lot.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Re: Starter Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Hey just wondering where u picked up your rebuild kit?I just picked up a starter from the boneyard which I don't like doing.but anyways I also was wondering how much it cost.just incase mine don't work great.I did a little searching on the web before I picked mine up and I didn't find a whole lot.
i didnt get a rebuild kit, im basicly just getting a new gear and greasing everything up
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Starter Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_347foxbody View Post
i didnt get a rebuild kit, im basicly just getting a new gear and greasing everything up
Don't get too carried away with the grease.
It attracts dirt and will gum up everything.
I use a spray on graphite for things like that.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
93_347foxbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 399
Re: Starter Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Don't get too carried away with the grease.
It attracts dirt and will gum up everything.
I use a spray on graphite for things like that.
alright i won t get carried away lol thanks
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.10 gear trouble 99redgt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 03-28-2012 04:08 PM
starter stuck wont turn off!!!! 87_Saleen 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 03-11-2012 04:19 PM
Gear problem help. NateNasty 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 03-10-2012 12:01 AM
Newbie: Is this normal? (Finding first gear & backfiring) Rim 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 9 03-07-2012 07:10 AM
Missing 6th gear in Beater Car mongo1970 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 03-04-2012 10:45 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.