i need some mod suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
i need some mod suggestions

i never realized till bout n hour ago but the 2 previous owners of my car live around me and build cars alot etc, but they put some work into my car b4 i bought it and im wondering whats some things i can do that'll give me some more power, basicly i dont wanna be driving around the same car and see one of them and not have done one thing to the car. i know this sounds really stupid but i just need a few suggestions on things i can put into the car to i guess make it my own, if anyone understands what im tryin to get at here. lol i know it sounds stupid

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

and i did read some of the stickies about mods in the beginning, but half the stuff in there is already done to the car
93_347foxbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
first- what is already done
second-budget and end results expected

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

if you dont have rear gears i would put that on top of the list
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Put some pictures up on here I'll help you cosmetically and mechanically.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss
P.S what's your knowledge and ability to work on your car so I know what your able to do.
1995boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: i need some mod suggestions

i dont have pics with me, i mainly want mechanically but its gots 3.73 but iwas thinkin bout the 4.10s but the work they put in to it b4 me would be:
347 stroker kit
b303 cam
gt40 heads
edlebrock 4barrel carb w/ high rise intake
holley high vol. fuel pump
pete jackson gear drive
i think a few other things i cant think of everything
the previous owner didnt do much to it but the owner b4 him that did all that work called me asking if i wanted to race him not realizing i had his old 5.0 lol small world

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995boss View Post

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

P.S what's your knowledge and ability to work on your car so I know what your able to do.
and my knowledge isnt to great of it but my as long as it doesnt require ripping apart the motor i should be good my dad and step dad know alot so if worse comes to worse i can get their help
Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
Road Trip!

im not sure if u have clearance but 1.7 roller rockers,but they would take you from .480 lift to .510 lift.and 1.72 will make .516 lift.

if u have a manual i would suggest a short throw shifter.

seems like u have alot of motor work done.i would concentrate on suspension including: shocks,struts,rear control arms,new bushings,subframe connectors, and even possibly a lowering kit.

then i would start trying to drop weight including : rear seat delete,delete unwanted accesories,aluminum drive shaft, etc.

also i think i would get a dress up kit for the motor.no offense but the chevy orange has to go i have a good set of valve covers listed in the classifieds. then maybe a new air cleaner.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

you have plenty of knowledge just because you have us to.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
im not sure if u have clearance but 1.7 roller rockers,but they would take you from .480 lift to .516 lift.

if u have a manual i would suggest a short throw shifter.

seems like u have alot of motor work done.i would concentrate on suspension including: shocks,struts,rear control arms,new bushings,subframe connectors, and even possibly a lowering kit.

then i would start trying to drop weight including : rear seat delete,delete unwanted accesories,aluminum drive shaft, etc.

also i think i would get a dress up kit for the motor.no offense but the chevy orange has to go i have a good set of valve covers listed in the classifieds. then maybe a new air cleaner.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

you have plenty of knowledge just because you have us to.
lol in the pic it looks orange but its a cherry red, but it has a short throw shifter already and subframe connectors, and i put new kybs in the back last week how complicated are roller rockers to do
Old 03-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Road Trip!

not very complicated.

take valve covers off.
set to TDC
start on # 1 cylinder and tighten to spec
rotate crank 1/4 turn and go to next cylinder in firing order
tighten to spec and so on till all 8 are tight
after 8- 1/4 turna of crank you will be back at TDC and they should all be tight

if thats what you want to do,let us know and we will need to do a little research to be certain you will have proper piston to valve clearance.i think you will but we will need to be certain

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Haha.sorry.the little tiny pic on the app makes them seem orange lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not very complicated.

take valve covers off.
set to TDC
start on # 1 cylinder and tighten to spec
rotate crank 1/4 turn and go to next cylinder in firing order
tighten to spec and so on till all 8 are tight
after 8- 1/4 turna of crank you will be back at TDC and they should all be tight

if thats what you want to do,let us know and we will need to do a little research to be certain you will have proper piston to valve clearance.i think you will but we will need to be certain

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Haha.sorry.the little tiny pic on the app makes them seem orange lol.
alright thanks for the info im thinking about it, it wont be for a few weeks sadly tho but ill let u guys kno if i do. the 1st owner(the one who did most the work) said hes gonna talk to me tomorrow and give me most of the info on the car bc the guy i bought it off of didnt know much about it
Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Ok no problem.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Sorry correction
1.7 makes .510
1.72 makes .516

I have 1.72 with b303 is why I goofed.oops
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok no problem.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Sorry correction
1.7 makes .510
1.72 makes .516

I have 1.72 with b303 is why I goofed.oops
what would i be better off with?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
Road Trip!

See the only thing you have to be careful of is piston to valve clearance.I have trickflow heads and I know the 1.72s work on mine.but I would say even though its not big differenc only .006 of an inch u should probably stick with 1.7.I am getting ready to go to bed now but post on here tomorrow so I remember or maybe someone will chime in.we first need to see if other people are running them to know if its safe.if we can't be sure then it would require pulling the head to check clearance and I'm sure u don't want to do that.but I Will do some research tomorrow for you but I am pretty sure people run them all the time.I just like to be positive.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

When you talk to that guy tomorrow ask him what kind of rockers you have and tell him you plan on 1.7 rr and see if he knows more about the motor etc
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
See the only thing you have to be careful of is piston to valve clearance.I have trickflow heads and I know the 1.72s work on mine.but I would say even though its not big differenc only .006 of an inch u should probably stick with 1.7.I am getting ready to go to bed now but post on here tomorrow so I remember or maybe someone will chime in.we first need to see if other people are running them to know if its safe.if we can't be sure then it would require pulling the head to check clearance and I'm sure u don't want to do that.but I Will do some research tomorrow for you but I am pretty sure people run them all the time.I just like to be positive.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

When you talk to that guy tomorrow ask him what kind of rockers you have and tell him you plan on 1.7 rr and see if he knows more about the motor etc
Alright. thanks I appreciate u helpin me out. Bc I'm only 16 and I'm not the smartest bout cars but I wanna learn as much as I can

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT