Brake line kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Brake line kit

Anyone messed with LMR's stainless brake line kits? I'm looking into one as my lines are all rusted it claims to include all steel lines I need
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Brake line kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
Anyone messed with LMR's stainless brake line kits? I'm looking into one as my lines are all rusted it claims to include all steel lines I need
No, but it says labeled, direct replacement, direct fit.
The kit is made by Classic Tube, maybe you could get more info there?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

No, but it says labeled, direct replacement, direct fit.
The kit is made by Classic Tube, maybe you could get more info there?
Hopefully, I'm mainly concerned with the lines running along the rear axle and they are severely rusted
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Brake line kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
Hopefully, I'm mainly concerned with the lines running along the rear axle and they are severely rusted
Even if they don't fit exactly, that small tube is easy to bend and conform.
If you need one the tube benders are relatively inexpensive too.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
They have replied, they state it contains every hard line I need for my complete car, just no rubber flex lines guess I'll order and see how it goes
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Brake line kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
They have replied, they state it contains every hard line I need for my complete car, just no rubber flex lines guess I'll order and see how it goes
Good luck and happy brake line bleeding!
Ugh! I hate that part of brake work as it's always a pain to get all of the air worked out.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
jwhayne0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Good luck and happy brake line bleeding!
Ugh! I hate that part of brake work as it's always a pain to get all of the air worked out.
That's where my shops "vacula" pneumatic brake bleeder comes into play! Lol
jwhayne0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Brake line kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayne0001 View Post
That's where my shops "vacula" pneumatic brake bleeder comes into play! Lol
That will definitely make it easier.


I fabbed up a pressurized bleeder at my last job, unfortunately it is still there and I am not.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brake caliber paint fordfan100 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 7 03-20-2012 05:54 PM
Brake rotors and painted calipers GTRob504 2005-2010 Mustang GT 16 03-19-2012 08:34 PM
Looking for pre-bent brake kit Jake walking to 1979-1995 Mustang GT 1 03-19-2012 02:06 PM
Brake lines Jake walking to 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 03-17-2012 09:57 PM
Brake pedal shuttering 3Maine 1996-2004 Mustang GT 7 03-15-2012 09:45 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



10:44 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.