Little freshen up - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 278
Little freshen up

Painted inter interior just need to find some new black seats to match the rest . Black looks so much better then that tan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1289022.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	464.9 KB
ID:	44922   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1288168410.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	44923  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3440608247.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	471.0 KB
ID:	44924   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1193855216.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	492.7 KB
ID:	44925  

tbonestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
captain78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 851
Looks good. Why you used to paint it
captain78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
i like it! good job.my was originally all grey.i changed most of it to black. it seemed it would have been a pita to do everything.but im sure the time spent is well worth it.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain78
Looks good. Why you used to paint it
Plastic paint and them clear coat. Ws going for flat black but the clear coat gave it a shine . Tried the die on a sample area but the black let the tan bleed thought and it then looked looked like baby poop.
tbonestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Little freshen up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonestang View Post
Tried the die on a sample area but the black let the tan bleed thought and it then looked looked like baby poop.
Looks pretty good.


Sometimes the "bleed through" is caused by body oils, cleaners or preservatives that are trapped in the material. Try cleaning your test area with a terry cloth rag and some rubbing alcohol or paint cleaner first and see if that helps.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Looks pretty good.

Sometimes the "bleed through" is caused by body oils, cleaners or preservatives that are trapped in the material. Try cleaning your test area with a terry cloth rag and some rubbing alcohol or paint cleaner first and see if that helps.
Did even tried acetone and it still bleed through . Just went the intention paint way . Was gonna do seats but the fronts are shot so just gonna look for some cloth leather gets to hot in the summer anyway
tbonestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Little freshen up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonestang View Post
Did even tried acetone and it still bleed through . Just went the intention paint way . Was gonna do seats but the fronts are shot so just gonna look for some cloth leather gets to hot in the summer anyway
They must have been soaked in cleaners or preservatives.
You never know what previous owners have done.


Take a look at some velour materials and see what you think of them.
I know it crushes, but I have seen it last for a long time in over the road trucks too.
Thinking about re-doing my Recaro seats in the 86 in black velour.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 278
Don't really dig the whole velour seen . Now if my name was veto and I collected for sunny then maybe hahahaha
tbonestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Little freshen up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonestang View Post
Don't really dig the whole velour seen . Now if my name was veto and I collected for sunny then maybe hahahaha
Ok, then I guess the little dangley curtain or bed spread edging balls along the windshield are out too.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Re: Little freshen up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
Ok, then I guess the little dangley curtain or bed spread edging balls along the windshield are out too.
I'm picturing Cheech & Chong's van. "Mexican-Americans don't like to get up in the morning, But they have to, so they do it real slooooooooooooow."

Nice paint job BTW!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman
I'm picturing Cheech & Chong's van. "Mexican-Americans don't like to get up in the morning, But they have to, so they do it real slooooooooooooow."

Nice paint job BTW!
Back in the day I think we did in my van . Funny thing we got so we would have to pay for hotel to lucky and we never did . Now the boat that worked all the time .
tbonestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post up some pics of your 96-04 Mustang! FORDGT14 Pictures and Videos 4665 11-29-2017 11:55 AM
Anybody a little Hungry for Ricers!!?? SwatKatz901 General Car Discussion 22 04-09-2012 06:34 AM
Messed up paint V6 stang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 6 03-24-2012 10:06 PM
Picked up a new 2012 Mustang SpectorV General Mustang Discussion 15 03-22-2012 10:59 AM
post them rims up 2001mustang SVT Mustang 46 03-21-2012 03:27 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:47 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.