Need vaccum line help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #1

Region: Missouri
Need vaccum line help

Ok i put a motor in my car and i have a factory 5.0 intake on it ho of course and took all the smog stuff off beins my motor came out of a different car and i have one vaccum line on the intake w no home and it is critical to be hooked up its the one that goes to.the canister purge valve i have all the purge valve but have no clue where its supposed to hook to and car has a lil miss to it and no power what so ever it idles.great and when i try to.drive it runs like.crap any help would be grewtly apprecuated
CatchMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Re: Need vaccum line help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchMe View Post
Ok i put a motor in my car and i have a factory 5.0 intake on it ho of course and took all the smog stuff off beins my motor came out of a different car and i have one vaccum line on the intake w no home and it is critical to be hooked up its the one that goes to.the canister purge valve i have all the purge valve but have no clue where its supposed to hook to and car has a lil miss to it and no power what so ever it idles.great and when i try to.drive it runs like.crap any help would be grewtly apprecuated
What year is your car?
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #3

89 sorry trojan i forgot to put that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
89 sorry trojan i forgot to put that
Here is a typical vacuum diagram.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #5

Ok trojan that makes sense now heres the real quiestion will it run right w out the canister hooked up? In simple terms will a stock intake work w all the smog pump system removed and run correctly?
It may be out of time real bad im probably going to have to pull distributor out for the 15 th time its not been right since i got tue motor in i dont think ... it idles amazing but has a little shake to it and it drives like its a festiva from the 80 s

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Also trojan i have a vaccum line under neath the intake as right behind the distributor and its a nipple right beside where the pcc hose bends and goes back to the back of the intake idk where that one goes thats the one in quiestion that diagram doesnt show that one
Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Ok trojan that makes sense now heres the real quiestion will it run right w out the canister hooked up? In simple terms will a stock intake work w all the smog pump system removed and run correctly?
It may be out of time real bad im probably going to have to pull distributor out for the 15 th time its not been right since i got tue motor in i dont think ... it idles amazing but has a little shake to it and it drives like its a festiva from the 80 s
---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------
Also trojan i have a vaccum line under neath the intake as right behind the distributor and its a nipple right beside where the pcc hose bends and goes back to the back of the intake idk where that one goes thats the one in quiestion that diagram doesnt show that one

It will run ok. You may need to fabricate or purchase an EGR Eliminator (search that on this forum for a diagram) to keep the CEL light off.

When re-stabbing the distributor make sure #1 cylinder in on TDC, on the compression stroke. Then you install the distributor with the rotor pointing at #1 plug wire terminal.

In the diagram above it is showing the intake "manifold vacuum" lines.
There are 4 and it is shown on the right side of the drawing.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #7

Got it figured out rewlized the motor i am using is a non ho motor amd my plug wires were wrong gesus this thing hauls major butt lol its running awesome now and thatnks for all the help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT