Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Aode to T-5 swap

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  FordRacer_51 
#1 ·
Ok I'm going from the aode to a T-5. TheT-5 is out of a fox body, my car is a 94 do I have to change the input shaft and bell housing or will it work the way it is???

#2 ·
just went through that....

if you have the fox body bellhousing for the fox t-5... it will install smooth.. no changes needed.

if u have sn95 bell for t5.... you will need input shaft and a input shaft bearing retainer (so the throw out bearing doesnt run out room).

but if you got the foxbody bell for the foxbody t5...it will b a straight swap with no b.s. involved...

hope this helps...

#4 ·
no spacer... its only 5/8 of an inch difference.

#6 ·
make sure u swap ur speed sensor from your aode to your t-5 so your speedo stays accurate, and try to re-use your sn95 driveshaft with the foxbody t-5...

ur prolly already doing the above mentioned... but i just wanted to throw that in there, just in case.

#8 ·
no, a driveshaft is a driveshaft... i said use the sn95 cause its gaurenteed correct length for the car. you always keep the driveshaft with the car whenever possible. you wont have a vibration. ive done 3 swaps... went from t-5 to aod and ive never run into issues.

#9 ·
But an aode to a t5 is no different you have a an-95 as well as a fox body I just read something about a vibration do to a smaller counter weight but if you've done it with out switching the input shafts and stuff than I believe ya lol thank you for the info cuz I have the 89 bell housing and t 5 together so you just saved me about 200 bucks :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.