can't seem to find sending unit fuel line - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
can't seem to find sending unit fuel line

I can't seem to find the fuel line that connects the fuel filter to the sending unit anywhere. Could I use fuel rated rubber hose with the original connector ends with hose clamps? Or know where I can find the original lines online? Thanks
lilrafe87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Fuel filter should be out back by the gass tank...
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry, it's the line that runs from the smaller outlet on the sending unit to the steel fuel line. I just received my new sending unit today and there is an orange rubber cap on it. Do I remove that our keep in on? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: can't seem to find sending unit fuel line

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrafe87 View Post
I can't seem to find the fuel line that connects the fuel filter to the sending unit anywhere. Could I use fuel rated rubber hose with the original connector ends with hose clamps? Or know where I can find the original lines online? Thanks
A rubber hose rated for the pressure should work ok, but regular hose clamps are not rated for the fuel pressure developed by EFI cars. They require a clamp that has full 360 degree clamping surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrafe87 View Post
Sorry, it's the line that runs from the smaller outlet on the sending unit to the steel fuel line. I just received my new sending unit today and there is an orange rubber cap on it. Do I remove that our keep in on? Thanks
That cap is just to prevent anything from getting into the line before it is installed. Remove it before attaching the hose or it will block off the flow.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, thanks for the help. I do have some more questions if you don't mind. I took my upper intake off and when I took the throttle body off I discovered that it had serious carbon build up. The spacer that is between the throttle body and intake was gunked up pretty bad also. My buddy is giving me his intake off his 86 so I'm good there, but could that be one of the reasons it ran like ****? Thanks
Old 04-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Alot of carbon build up around the throttle body can cause it to run rough..id assume your iac valve is gunked up as well so that would definatly cause idle issues!..but they can be cleaned easily with some throttle body cleaner...
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I installed a new iac sensor and believe it or not but it was pretty clean. Possible that who ever had the car before me cleaned it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT