Snow or AEM Meth kit?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Snow or AEM Meth kit??

So have a bit of money still lol before the blower install and was considering one of them. I always liked the snow kit but just recently found the AEM kit and it seems like less money abd more standered features on the AEM kit, like 1 gallon with built in low level switchand better pump and controller all standards unlike the snow kit they are more. Just looking for what peoples experience are.

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17
So have a bit of money still lol before the blower install and was considering one of them. I always liked the snow kit but just recently found the AEM kit and it seems like less money abd more standered features on the AEM kit, like 1 gallon with built in low level switchand better pump and controller all standards unlike the snow kit they are more. Just looking for what peoples experience are.
I'd like to know this too.I'm planning on getting the ais trunk system though. From what I've read this is what people prefer. I also emailed the owner and he recommended me the stage 1 kit. So I kind of liked that he didn't try to sell me his most expense kit.
vinnygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygt

I'd like to know this too.I'm planning on getting the ais trunk system though. From what I've read this is what people prefer. I also emailed the owner and he recommended me the stage 1 kit. So I kind of liked that he didn't try to sell me his most expense kit.
What kit is that and how much dose it run?

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Snow or AEM Meth kit??

I looked at those for my SC installation, but being the PBB (Poor Broke B*****d) that I am, I opted to go with the AFM Mr Freeze kit for $189. It works by vacuum, pulling the mixture in through the suction side of the SC.
The "jets" are simple MIG Welder tip types which means you can purchase the tips at any welding store and custom drill them to suit your application.
They have documented up to 97 and more HP using this kit. More HP per dollar than other kits.
See the link above for more info.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse
I looked at those for my SC installation, but being the PBB (Poor Broke B*****d) that I am, I opted to go with the AFM Mr Freeze kit for $189.It works by vacuum, pulling the mixture in through the suction side of the SC.
The "jets" are simple MIG Welder tip types which means you can purchase the tips at any welding store and custom drill them to suit your application.
They have documented up to 97 and more HP using this kit. More HP per dollar than other kits.
See the link above for more info.
Thanks TH i forgot to.menction i did look at that and somewhat like it but also have heard alot of mixed things about it from being very cheap to it uses alot of fluid plus the tank is so small and its a DD so i would like the 1 gallon tank and low level indicator so i dont need to check it ever time i go out.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17 View Post
Thanks TH i forgot to.menction i did look at that and somewhat like it but also have heard alot of mixed things about it from being very cheap to it uses alot of fluid plus the tank is so small and its a DD so i would like the 1 gallon tank and low level indicator so i dont need to check it ever time i go out.
The tank is rather small.
That will likely be the one modification I will do, install a bigger tank.
Fluid consumption is controlled with the jets, so you can adjust that to what you need.
Plus I don't see how it would use any more than a pressurized system that uses a pump.

As far as to how they work, unless a line gets plugged they can't help but to work properly.
Some people get concerned because the mixture will stain the SC impeller, but that won't really hurt anything. You'll just have a pretty blue impeller.

Nevertheless, if you have the $400 plus to spend, the other systems work great too I'm sure.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The tank is rather small.
That will likely be the one modification I will do, install a bigger tank.
Fluid consumption is controlled with the jets, so you can adjust that to what you need.
Plus I don't see how it would use any more than a pressurized system that uses a pump.

As far as to how they work, unless a line gets plugged they can't help but to work properly.
Some people get concerned because the mixture will stain the SC impeller, but that won't really hurt anything. You'll just have a pretty blue impeller.

Nevertheless, if you have the $400 plus to spend, the other systems work great too I'm sure.
Well like i said iv read multiple reviews where ppl said it was basically emptying the tank in no time on DD and or was just using to much fluid. But it is a nice simple design i do like. But on the other two u can adjust the flow at low boost so its not using as much where the afm kit is full on from 1# and up. But it dose seem right for your build. Is yours going to be street/strip or strip? I know u are shooting for like 650 right?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Well like i said iv read multiple reviews where ppl said it was basically emptying the tank in no time on DD and or was just using to much fluid. But it is a nice simple design i do like. But on the other two u can adjust the flow at low boost so its not using as much where the afm kit is full on from 1# and up. But it dose seem right for your build. Is yours going to be street/strip or strip? I know u are shooting for like 650 right?
Yeah, If they didn't use the correct jets it could very well empty the tank quickly.
It's not full on as you might think. The flow rate from it is adjusted according to how much vacuum your SC is pulling, so at low boost it would pull way less than at full boost. I think they just didn't know how to properly tune/jet it for their use.

Mine will be street/strip use, with more street than strip usage.
Yes, I am looking to make 600+ HP on the stock block and I want to just see how long I can make it live at that level.

If/when it fails, then I will move on to a bored/stroked 351W and see what kind of power it will make at 15-20 psi boost.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, If they didn't use the correct jets it could very well empty the tank quickly.
It's not full on as you might think. The flow rate from it is adjusted according to how much vacuum your SC is pulling, so at low boost it would pull way less than at full boost. I think they just didn't know how to properly tune/jet it for their use.

Mine will be street/strip use, with more street than strip usage.
Yes, I am looking to make 600+ HP on the stock block and I want to just see how long I can make it live at that level.

If/when it fails, then I will move on to a bored/stroked 351W and see what kind of power it will make at 15-20 psi boost.
Dam!!! A stroked and boosted 351 would be a monster!!!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Dam!!! A stroked and boosted 351 would be a monster!!!
Hope so.
My end goal is to eventually have a 800-1000+ HP street driven Fox Body Mustang, that drives well and maintains its street manners.
I will build it in sequentially larger power steps until it is finished or I die, whichever comes first.
For the ultimate end of the project it will probably end up with a twin, mirrored TC system if everything goes well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT