Thanks American Muscle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Thanks American Muscle

So i just wanted to let everyone know that the sct 4 bank chip does work a little on stock motors 94 gt 14.5 without chip at 94 mph with 2.500 60 foot .

with sct chip 14.2best at 97mph 60 ft 1.95 so not a bunch but it is a little upgrade just thought i would share. and it was spinning
kid_kash_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Which tune were you running? What octane?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Pretty good just for a tune alone
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Bama 91 octane race tune ppl tell the chip does nothing on our stock cars but here's proof car does have 373 gears but they was in last time to

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I'm very pleased now waiting to get me a top end kit
Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: Thanks American Muscle

Just so you know, the improvement could have came from many sources other than the chip.

1. Car weight change.
2. Fuel octane change.
3. Temperature and humidity changes.

That small improvement would be hard to attribute totally to the chip with so many other variables being possible.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Temp humidity maybe ran same octane and weight last time in fact I put on a few lbs lol

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Last track was 14.5 I ran 21 times in a row it was consitant

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

But you know more bought it than I do it just the 3 and 4th gears is what seem to pull harder jmo, but you prob right
Old 04-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00 View Post
Temp humidity maybe ran same octane and weight last time in fact I put on a few lbs lol

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Last track was 14.5 I ran 21 times in a row it was consitant

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

But you know more bought it than I do it just the 3 and 4th gears is what seem to pull harder jmo, but you prob right
It probably made a bit of difference.
I was just pointing out that small gains could be attributed to many other variables.
The more you test and tune, the easier it will be for you to see this.
Keep records of your mods, temp/humidity levels, etc., etc., for future comparisons.

IMO, chips for stock or mildly modded cars are just not worth the expense and the money is better spent elsewhere, but if you are happy with your purchase, then it's great for you.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with u I didn't know this at first and got chip but I agree with u 100 percent

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I'm looking into top end kits but don't know which one is best to go with
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
I agree with u I didn't know this at first and got chip but I agree with u 100 percent

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I'm looking into top end kits but don't know which one is best to go with
One of the Trick Flow kits advertises 360 HP when using their kit.
That's the one I would go with if given a choice.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yea but do belive 100 hp just with topend kit I dont
Old 04-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
I don't have the full kit.but I will say the heads are amazing.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Yea but do belive 100 hp just with topend kit I dont
Yes, The heads alone will account for the largest portion of the HP and when you have an intake and cam that are matched to work with them the combination will make even more power.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well thanks I think you just helped me make up my mind that should get me well into 13's and I would pay that for kit, what intake is a good one in your opinion they have a couple different ones
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_kash_00
Well thanks I think you just helped me make up my mind that should get me well into 13's and I would pay that for kit, what intake is a good one in your opinion they have a couple different ones
You would benefit better with the street heat over the track heat.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Just got an e mail from modded mustang forum. The e mail said I could sign up for a 2012 calendar from American Muscle . I did so and AM response was the offer has ended but I could buy one. All with in an hour. With ther 50 post min an this, I'll probably never do business with them, kinda shady to me.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4
Just got an e mail from modded mustang forum. The e mail said I could sign up for a 2012 calendar from American Muscle . I did so and AM response was the offer has ended but I could buy one. All with in an hour. With ther 50 post min an this, I'll probably never do business with them, kinda shady to me.
Their free calendar offer expired a while back. I ordered mine and received it no problem. They are a great company to buy from and their customer service is outstanding. The min post is most likely to keep people from signing just to get their code.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I'm sorry that you're not happy, and I'd love to help you out! I don't know why you just got that email, as that went out probably a month or two ago. Either way, we promise we weren't doing that intentionally to trick you.

I'd be happy to shoot you out a free calendar, just PM AMChrisYoung and let him know that I told you to shoot him over your info and he'll get you a calendar out ASAP! Thanks again for your understanding!

As for the 50 post minimum for the discount code, that's to keep people from signing up on forums just to get the code. We offer that 6% discount (which we don't have to), just as a perk for active and loyal forum members of places like MustangEvolution, ModdedMustangs, MustangForums, etc. Those customers are always the ones who we work the most with and have been there for us for years, so we do it because we value their support. It's to protect the integrity of the perk and the exclusivity for forum members only.

Hope you understand!
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #18
Road Trip!
Supporter

Thank you for explaining and stepping up Chris Rose!

tc x 4, That should help assuage your concerns and it proves they are a caring and reputable company to deal with. We greatly appreciate their support of our site and the discount they provide for our members. In my book they can't be beat by any other suppliers.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Thanks!

Side note, looks like tc x 4 is a pretty active member over here, so that definitely qualifies for the MEVO discount!

Chris
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose

I'm sorry that you're not happy, and I'd love to help you out! I don't know why you just got that email, as that went out probably a month or two ago. Either way, we promise we weren't doing that intentionally to trick you.

I'd be happy to shoot you out a free calendar, just PM AMChrisYoung and let him know that I told you to shoot him over your info and he'll get you a calendar out ASAP! Thanks again for your understanding!

As for the 50 post minimum for the discount code, that's to keep people from signing up on forums just to get the code. We offer that 6% discount (which we don't have to), just as a perk for active and loyal forum members of places like MustangEvolution, ModdedMustangs, MustangForums, etc. Those customers are always the ones who we work the most with and have been there for us for years, so we do it because we value their support. It's to protect the integrity of the perk and the exclusivity for forum members only.

Hope you understand!
Thank you for clearing that up, I apologize Chris.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
Thanks!

Side note, looks like tc x 4 is a pretty active member over here, so that definitely qualifies for the MEVO discount!

Chris
I sent Chris young a pm thanks. Again, sorry about the misunderstanding . Looking forward to doing business with AM. Thanks again TC

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT