94 with vortech aftercooler?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
94 with vortech aftercooler??

Well i was wondering if anyone here or if anyone has read an article where someone tryed a fox aftercooler with the fox TB setup on a 94 with success. It looks from there pic on the web that its the same as the 94 as long as u run a fox tb set up which im told is very easy to do on the 94-95 5.0? Just wondering for future reference as im going to run with out it for now.
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94 with vortech aftercooler??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17 View Post
Well i was wondering if anyone here or if anyone has read an article where someone tryed a fox aftercooler with the fox TB setup on a 94 with success. It looks from there pic on the web that its the same as the 94 as long as u run a fox tb set up which im told is very easy to do on the 94-95 5.0? Just wondering for future reference as im going to run with out it for now.
Is that the one that sits under the hood on the passenger side?
If so I would be concerned about heat soak from the exhaust headers.
I've been eyeballing the ones that On3 has.
They'd be harder to install and pipe, but they are out front and will provide more/better cooling I think.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Is that the one that sits under the hood on the passenger side?
If so I would be concerned about heat soak from the exhaust headers.
I've been eyeballing the ones that On3 has.
They'd be harder to install and pipe, but they are out front and will provide more/better cooling I think.
It basicly sits between the blower and tb. So i like how its clean looks easy to put in and is water to air so track days can pack the ice in.
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94 with vortech aftercooler??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17 View Post
It basicly sits between the blower and tb. So i like how its clean looks easy to put in and is water to air so track days can pack the ice in.
Ahh, they are water to air. I wasn't aware of that.
Just be sure you have a tune for that scenario.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
cgarray17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Ahh, they are water to air. I wasn't aware of that.
Just be sure you have a tune for that scenario.
Ya i would just trying to see if it would work or not still.
__________________
94 GT Convertible

Current- Stock long block 118k, MAC CAI, 75mm Pro M MAF, PP 70mm TB,BBK shorties,BBK O/R H, Magnaflow catback, KING cobra clutch, 3.73 Gears

Soon to be Vortech blown with a built 306 Numbers and times to follow!!!
cgarray17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: 94 with vortech aftercooler??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarray17 View Post
Ya i would just trying to see if it would work or not still.
Sure it will work.
You'll just have to do some adaptation and fitment.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:32 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.