gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade! - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #141
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Basically use a piece of wire and jump the EEC connectors and watch the check engine light for blinks on the dash. I forget exactly how it's done, I've only done it once.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
Basically use a piece of wire and jump the EEC connectors and watch the check engine light for blinks on the dash. I forget exactly how it's done, I've only done it once.
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/OBD_I.html

found it instead of using an analog voltmeter could i use a digital volt meter
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/OBD_I.html

found it instead of using an analog voltmeter could i use a digital volt meter
I've never used a digital meter on it. I always just jump 2 terminals on the EEC test connector under the hood with a piece of wire and then turn the key on amd count the flashes from the check engine light. I guess u could prolly use the digital meter on it. But I think it would be to confusing trying to count the" flashes " on the meter
Robbie94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie94gt

I've never used a digital meter on it. I always just jump 2 terminals on the EEC test connector under the hood with a piece of wire and then turn the key on amd count the flashes from the check engine light. I guess u could prolly use the digital meter on it. But I think it would be to confusing trying to count the" flashes " on the meter
very true... is thereba place i can put my codes i pull to see whats comimg up

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

ok people i cant sleep thinking about my car and i think maybe its a vacuum issue.
i was doingsome reading through google on the gt40 vacuum is this is what i came up with.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...nnections.html

now i no for a fact that my fuel is connected to the egr according to these pics from this forum which could be an issue any thoughts
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #145
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
does anyone no anything more about the gt40 vacuum lines on the bottom of the intake other than whats on the post i found above.
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack
does anyone no anything more about the gt40 vacuum lines on the bottom of the intake other than whats on the post i found above.
I ran my vacuum lines how I wanted to and have had no problems do far.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
SHE IS ALIVE!!!! wow what difference holy cow. and it started to rain so i had to put her up!
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #148
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack
SHE IS ALIVE!!!! wow what difference holy cow. and it started to rain so i had to put her up!
What was the fix?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #149
Forum Car Trader
Regular
 
90GTNovi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,150
Lol don't say you left the vacuum lines off and caused all that headache.. Lol
__________________
90GTNovi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
Lol don't say you left the vacuum lines off and caused all that headache.. Lol
lol no i didnt but some were wrong. on the gt40 intake there are two small ports that look like vacuum but they are not.
i had my fuel running to one of those and the maf was nasty dirty so i cleaned that. also like a dork i did forget to hook up the pvc vacuum. but its all together now and running great!
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #151
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack

lol no i didnt but some were wrong. on the gt40 intake there are two small ports that look like vacuum but they are not.
i had my fuel running to one of those and the maf was nasty dirty so i cleaned that. also like a dork i did forget to hook up the pvc vacuum. but its all together now and running great!
Live and learn. At least she's running now. How much of a difference is the gt40 setup?
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
but yed it was a headache but im glad its over and it wasnt anything expensive. few dollars in some vacuum lines and some plugs and all finishedn cleaned the maf with lol a zip tie and a qtip haha it was filthy

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Live and learn. At least she's running now. How much of a difference is the gt40 setup?
she pulls like a champ you can def tell a big difference in that aspect but it started raining so i had to put it up.

also the sound seems to have changed alittle maybe from the fact i have alot more air movement
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #153
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack
but yed it was a headache but im glad its over and it wasnt anything expensive. few dollars in some vacuum lines and some plugs and all finishedn cleaned the maf with lol a zip tie and a qtip haha it was filthy

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------



she pulls like a champ you can def tell a big difference in that aspect but it started raining so i had to put it up.

also the sound seems to have changed alittle maybe from the fact i have alot more air movement
That's cool.
When I add all my motor upgrades it sounded way different to.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
i did brake my door handle are they hard to fix?
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #155
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack
i did brake my door handle are they hard to fix?
Not to bad. They are pretty cheap at 50resto. The originals are riveted on. You'll just have to drill them out. I bolted my new ones on with 1/4" bolts because you need a pretty big rivet gun and I only have a normal size one. I did use locknuts though so they can't loosen on my. The replacements are usually of better quality to so they don't break again.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #156
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack
i did brake my door handle are they hard to fix?
Actually I believe the 83-92 rangers used the same inside door handle unless you are talking about the outside one which I think they also use the same but I'm not certain on that one.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #157
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

Actually I believe the 83-92 rangers used the same inside door handle unless you are talking about the outside one which I think they also use the same but I'm not certain on that one.
If its the outside one. I picked up both outside chrome plated steel ones for like 25$ new.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

If its the outside one. I picked up both outside chrome plated steel ones for like 25$ new.
yea its the outside ones. ill have to lok into what resto has
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Thought I would show hou guys my Office
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120512_092041.png
Views:	102
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	50240   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120512_092104.png
Views:	104
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	50241  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120512_092117.png
Views:	102
Size:	412.3 KB
ID:	50242  
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #160
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
Thought I would show hou guys my Office
That's NICE!
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Lol we are building a house right on the beach! Def can't complain about the view.
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:37 AM   #162
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
15.15 spinning all through 1 gear all night made it to the quarter finals down to 8 cars and won me trophy! Need to get me some slicks and sub frames. This car can go an easy high 13 low 14. All and all not a bad night at the track for my first time ever racing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120513_023643.png
Views:	124
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	50355  
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #163
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
15.15 spinning all through 1 gear all night made it to the quarter finals down to 8 cars and won me trophy! Need to get me some slicks and sub frames. This car can go an easy high 13 low 14. All and all not a bad night at the track for my first time ever racing!
Showing my age here, but FAR OUT! you did great for your first time ever.


P.S. Nice hair cut. Just like mine, but mine is involuntary.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #164
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Showing my age here, but FAR OUT! you did great for your first time ever.

P.S. Nice hair cut. Just like mine, but mine is involuntary.
Hahaha my hair is also involuntary I tell ppl I have wavey hair "waveing good bye" hahahaha.
Man I took somevideos but I cant get them to load at all.
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #165
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
Hahaha my hair is also involuntary I tell ppl I have wavey hair "waveing good bye" hahahaha.
Man I took somevideos but I cant get them to load at all.
Note: Be careful which links you press if you are on a phone.
You post above was sent to the "Reported Posts" section.


You will have to upload the videos to You Tube or some other video host, then post a link to them here.


I have found that with the hair mostly gone I can save money on shampoos and hair conditioners. Now when I wash my face I just keep going till I reach the back of my neck.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Sorry about that.

And the face thing thats just to funny.

I finally was able to get one video to upload and of corse its the one I lost lol but here ya go

87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #167
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
Sorry about that.

And the face thing thats just to funny.

I finally was able to get one video to upload and of corse its the one I lost lol but here ya go

Which light are you leaving on?
On a .500 tree I try to leave as soon as the last yellow lights up to get a good reaction time.
If you wait until you see green, then your reaction time will be slow.


I think some drag radials and a bit of practice might put you in the low 13's.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #168
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

Which light are you leaving on?
On a .500 tree I try to leave as soon as the last yellow lights up to get a good reaction time.
If you wait until you see green, then your reaction time will be slow.

I think some drag radials and a bit of practice might put you in the low 13's.
+1 that's exactly what I did my first time, didn't take off tip green then I figured out that if I mash it right as the last yellow is lit up I'm already leaving on green. If I can find my time slips the one reaction time was extremely good lie .003 or somethin like that(could be wrong heh) I ran a best of 15.1 with my 90 auto my first time.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #169
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
I'd I want to convert to five lug what would I need to do. Junk yard style lol
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #170
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87blackonblack View Post
I'd I want to convert to five lug what would I need to do. Junk yard style lol
I believe there is a good link in the Useful Info sticky thread on the subject.


Basically (and there are several others that will work so see the thread mentioned above).


SN95 front spindles and rotors and two left side rear axles from a Ford Ranger pickup.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #171
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Staying drums you can go with 2 passenger side axle shafts from a ranger with I think it's 9" brakes and then Lincoln mark VII front rotors. That's junkyard style heh. I have a whole sn95 car for parts so I've got everything I need for discs all the way around.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX
Staying drums you can go with 2 passenger side axle shafts from a ranger with I think it's 9" brakes and then Lincoln mark VII front rotors. That's junkyard style heh. I have a whole sn95 car for parts so I've got everything I need for discs all the way around.
Drivers side ranger/bronco, pass side Aerostar.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:54 AM   #173
Pete Jones
Regular
 
90mustangLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 781
Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang

Drivers side ranger/bronco, pass side Aerostar.
Could have sworn it was passenger side but I'll take your word for it.
__________________
90 LX hatchback
(sold but not forgotten)

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #174
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: gt40 upper amd lower and maf upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX View Post
Could have sworn it was passenger side but I'll take your word for it.
I did some quick research on this and could not find a definite answer.
Some places say left others say right.
Without pulling my Ranger's axles and measuring them myself I'm just not sure at this point.


Here's what you can do.
The Mustang rear axles measure 29 5/32" or 29 1/16" (within 3/32" variance so take your pick).
Take a tape measure to the salvage yard and measure both the left and right axles to determine which side you need.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter
 
93slowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Walker
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 3,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90mustangLX

Could have sworn it was passenger side but I'll take your word for it.
It is the driver side, got some sitting in storage waiting for my car. Had to do what Trojan is suggesting because I forgot when I went to pull them.
__________________


93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:20 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.