Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Good mods for 1994 mustang gt

21K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  WhiteCobra94 
#1 ·
Iam looking at a 94 mustang that has flowmasters that are "okay" sounding other then that bone stock looking for good upgrades performance and visual ones thinking about the fastback back window design and the shelby side window scoops just let me know what you guys think thankss

#6 ·
Adogg said:
Thanks man that sounds like a perfect start iam going to try to get upgrades that i can do myself so hopefully the upgrades will be easy
Keep in mind that the 94-95 stangs do not take well to engine mods. A CAI, throttle body, exhaust will be fine. I would wait on the mass air and injectors until you decide to go heads, cam and intake, which will require a tune to run right.

#8 ·
Adogg said:
Really thanks for telling me what do you think about me getting a cold airintake and a short throw shifter with the throtyle body and cai
That'll be fine and a good start. Speaking from experience, I would go with 3.73 gears and full exhaust.

I had a 94 cobra back in the day and my first mod was BBK equal length shorties and magna flow cat back. Then I went with a CAI and 65mm throttle body. Next I built my rearend with 3.73 gears, moser 31 spline axles and a eaton differential. Last thing I did was TFS heads and TF track heat intake with MSD ignition. When I replaced the heads and intake it ran SUPER rich till I got it tuned.

#10 ·
aegischief said:
That'll be fine and a good start. Speaking from experience, I would go with 3.73 gears and full exhaust.

I had a 94 cobra back in the day and my first mod was BBK equal length shorties and magna flow cat back. Then I went with a CAI and 65mm throttle body. Next I built my rearend with 3.73 gears, moser 31 spline axles and a eaton differential. Last thing I did was TFS heads and TF track heat intake with MSD ignition. When I replaced the heads and intake it ran SUPER rich till I got it tuned.
That car sounds amazing i def wanna go in the same direction with mine the guy says there is flowmasters on the car and it sounds alright but alot like stock is there a certain spot on the exhaust were it would tell me what it is? What upgrades if i got them would nee my car to be tuned?

#11 ·
Adogg said:
That car sounds amazing i def wanna go in the same direction with mine the guy says there is flowmasters on the car and it sounds alright but alot like stock is there a certain spot on the exhaust were it would tell me what it is? What upgrades if i got them would nee my car to be tuned?
Won't need a tune till you change the heads and/or cam. Changing the intake by itself is right on the edge but okay. And definitely get a dyno tune. Mail order will not work and is a total waste of money.

Only way to really tell which mufflers you got is to jack the car up and look.

#12 ·
aegischief said:
Won't need a tune till you change the heads and/or cam. Changing the intake by itself is right on the edge but okay. And definitely get a dyno tune. Mail order will not work and is a total waste of money.

Only way to really tell which mufflers you got is to jack the car up and look.
+1 I just found that out myself , spent $280 for the mail tune and it was all wrong and didn't work. Waste of money, I had mine dyno tuned Friday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.