Mustang Evolution Forum banner

It's it a good idea to run mobile1 in my 86?

929 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  aegischief 
#1 ·
Was wanting to know if I should change my oil to mobile 1 on my next oil change. I just like the fact that it lubricates better and lasts up to 15,000 miles between oil changes. Front and rear main deals aren't leaking and car has 82K. Thanks

#3 ·
I always run mobil one in my stang. I mean there are probably better oils out there but it works good for me and is decently priced.

#5 ·
Yep, I have used Mobil 1 for years.

I have had people try to convince me that it wasn't any good, but my own experience with it disproved that argument time and again.
I am like you, I would love to use Royal Purple, Redline or some of the other good synthetics out there, but they are just to darn expensive. :(

#7 ·
Yes it is.
However, I still keep an eye on the visual condition of my oil.
When it gets dirty (black) I change it whether the 15k miles are up or not. :good:
Town/city driving (i.e. short drives) will contaminate your oil much quicker than highway driving because the engine never gets fully warmed up to operating temperatures in most cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.