New xpipes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
New xpipes

Anyone have a suggestion on a good x pipe to get with Borla exhaust? Already have bbk throttle body and cold air intake. Figure to get new headers also.
Pearljammer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljammer311
Anyone have a suggestion on a good x pipe to get with Borla exhaust? Already have bbk throttle body and cold air intake. Figure to get new headers also.
Ive used a no-name & a custom fabbed x-pipe & they both worked just as well. You dont need to break the bank. I paid $30 & $50 respectively. If you want to stick w/ a brand name, though, Id go Borla or Ford Racing.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Borla makes them for a 95? I didnt see any
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Re: New xpipes

Dunno for sure, sorry, just saying what Id use if u already have Borla. I try to stick to them or FR for exhaust now b/c their fitment is always spot on & their quality/performance very good to excellent. Heard lots of Pypes fitment issues, but otherwise its just an x-pipe so the performance difference between mfgs will be very little. You just need that cross flow so as long as it fits, you should be good. I just welded my cheapies in (was running a low-budget setup back then) and they worked great.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Re: New xpipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Dunno for sure, sorry, just saying what Id use if u already have Borla. I try to stick to them or FR for exhaust now b/c their fitment is always spot on & their quality/performance very good to excellent. Heard lots of Pypes fitment issues, but otherwise its just an x-pipe so the performance difference between mfgs will be very little. You just need that cross flow so as long as it fits, you should be good. I just welded my cheapies in (was running a low-budget setup back then) and they worked great.
I went with a BBK. Checked out the fitment issues with those and there are none and for the most part they had pretty good reviews. I'm not looking to wake the neighbors and Borla gets the point across quite nicely already. Got some BBK shorty ceramic headers as well. Found them cheaper than American Muscle and had a $30 coupon on top of that. Turns out Borla doesn't make mid pipes for 95 and under (ahhh the red headed step child). Thanks for the info though pretty psyched
Old 05-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljammer311

I went with a BBK. Checked out the fitment issues with those and there are none and for the most part they had pretty good reviews. I'm not looking to wake the neighbors and Borla gets the point across quite nicely already. Got some BBK shorty ceramic headers as well. Found them cheaper than American Muscle and had a $30 coupon on top of that. Turns out Borla doesn't make mid pipes for 95 and under (ahhh the red headed step child). Thanks for the info though pretty psyched
No, sounds like you did well; BBK is good and nice that you got ceramic coated headers. Should look and sound sweet. Post videos! Youre right though, mine are loud, glad I didnt get Ataks.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Will do bro. Thing I love about mustangs. Million mustangs can all have different parts and sounds.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT