Headers and exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Odub421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 34
Headers and exhaust

Got this 92 LX all stock except a new set on disc brakes on the rear. I have a set of new Flow Masters and I want to buy some shorty headers. I'm not a mechanic by no means but I'm good at following instructions. I'm thinking of installing these parts myself. Are these parts truly "bolt ons" are do they require professional skill to install?
Odub421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chris01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 135
Yes there bolt on. What kind are u looking at. I have bbk headers and o/r mid pipe with flow master
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pearljammer311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 27
Re: Headers and exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris01 View Post
Yes there bolt on. What kind are u looking at. I have bbk headers and o/r mid pipe with flow master
Chris how do you like them I just bought the same setup to go with the borla exhaust i have on mine? Not trying to hijack the thread...back to business
Pearljammer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-06-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Odub421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 34
Im looking at a set of BBK ceramic shorty's for my Flow Masters.
Odub421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odub421
Got this 92 LX all stock except a new set on disc brakes on the rear. I have a set of new Flow Masters and I want to buy some shorty headers. I'm not a mechanic by no means but I'm good at following instructions. I'm thinking of installing these parts myself. Are these parts truly "bolt ons" are do they require professional skill to install?
It's easy bud, just very time consuming. You don't have to b a professional, pay attention to details and ull do fine.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
87blackonblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4

It's easy bud, just very time consuming. You don't have to b a professional, pay attention to details and ull do fine.
+1
87blackonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Chris01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 135
I have the coated ones and love them no problems with them
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pearljammer311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 27
Re: Headers and exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris01 View Post
I have the coated ones and love them no problems with them
These should be here soon. Any problems putting them in? I have a 95 and doesn't look too hard. Just time consuming. Nothing a beer, a buddy, and got tunes won't fix.
Pearljammer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljammer311

These should be here soon. Any problems putting them in? I have a 95 and doesn't look too hard. Just time consuming. Nothing a beer, a buddy, and got tunes won't fix.
Ur 98% rite
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 36
Re: Headers and exhaust

Just prep the header bolts before you plan on taking the manifolds off. Spraying some pb blaster or helper of your choice every day for a couple days (I did it for a week) and it will make them come out much easier.

Also when you start fitting everything together, don't snug it down until everything is roughly in place.

Also your factory cats are worth a little $$$ at the junk yard
vt89gtvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pearljammer311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 27
Re: Headers and exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Ur 98% rite
hmmmm where does the other 2% leave me?
Pearljammer311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearljammer311

hmmmm where does the other 2% leave me?
Lol up in smoke
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:03 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.