spray...plugs?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
spray...plugs??

Gonna hook up my 100 shot tomorrow. Ik ill be needing colder plugs but witch ones?? Will it be ok to drive on a daily basics with the colder plugs
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Fine tip iridium about 1-2 steps colder is what they use on FI cars. I would guess that's similar. It would be a good idea to have an upgraded ignition system since the plugs are colder. At minimum at least a good coil.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Fine tip iridium about 1-2 steps colder is what they use on FI cars. I would guess that's similar. It would be a good idea to have an upgraded ignition system since the plugs are colder. At minimum at least a good coil.
I have a msd coil
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50

I have a msd coil
I am putting in in tomorrow for sure...doing a switch and a WOT switch...I need some suggestions for some hiding spots, any ideas for a SN95??
and anything I will need to do to motor??timing is at stock, will I need to ****** it some more?? Don't need to blow a motor
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #5
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: spray...plugs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
I am putting in in tomorrow for sure...doing a switch and a WOT switch...I need some suggestions for some hiding spots, any ideas for a SN95??
and anything I will need to do to motor??timing is at stock, will I need to ****** it some more?? Don't need to blow a motor
An MSD 6AL and Timing ****** control will go a long way toward protecting your engine.

What kind of switch are you trying to hide?
Activation or system arming?

You can use a small momentary push button switch for activation and hide it on the bottom of your shifter handle depending on what shifter you have.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

An MSD 6AL and Timing ****** control will go a long way toward protecting your engine.

What kind of switch are you trying to hide?
Activation or system arming?

You can use a small momentary push button switch for activation and hide it on the bottom of your shifter handle depending on what shifter you have.
Talking about the bottle
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
Talking about the bottle
A bottle opening closing solenoid?
That would require a simple toggle switch, that you could hide anywhere within reach.
It would probably be best to run the power through a relay and make sure the power wiring is fused or protected with a breaker.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Road Trip!

I think he wants to hide the bottle.

Most people hide it in the trunk. It would be a pain for maintenance, but I saw mm & ff hide a smaller sized bottle in the door. It takes some door modifications, but is pretty sick. But I am guessing that you already have a normal size bottle anyways. During that article they also showed how to hide all the lines. They ran them through the vacuum tree I think. Good article if you can find it. I wanna say it was from 07 maybe.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
I think he wants to hide the bottle.

Most people hide it in the trunk. It would be a pain for maintenance, but I saw mm & ff hide a smaller sized bottle in the door. It takes some door modifications, but is pretty sick. But I am guessing that you already have a normal size bottle anyways. During that article they also showed how to hide all the lines. They ran them through the vacuum tree I think. Good article if you can find it. I wanna say it was from 07 maybe.
I totally misunderstood that!

Yeah, in the trunk down in the spare tire well or under the back seat area if you did a seat delete.
Personally I wouldn't want one in a door JIC someone hit me in the side.
If the bottle ruptured it would be like a bomb going off.

A friend of mine from CA used to design his roll cages (so he claimed anyways) to hold the nitrous and ran the lines through the vacuum hoses like you said.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

I totally misunderstood that!

Yeah, in the trunk down in the spare tire well or under the back seat area if you did a seat delete.
Personally I wouldn't want one in a door JIC someone hit me in the side.
If the bottle ruptured it would be like a bomb going off.

A friend of mine from CA used to design his roll cages (so he claimed anyways) to hold the nitrous and ran the lines through the vacuum hoses like you said.
Good point. Better use the passenger door! Lol j/k
Old 05-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Good point. Better use the passenger door! Lol j/k
I guess ima Jus put bottle in trunk, I thought the system was a hide away sys but it ain't, so not really a point in going all out to hide the bottle, when as soon as I open hood you can see the selenoids, only thing holding me back is a fuel rail adapter and a bottle fill up and I'll get to try it and see how it goes

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT