Fuel Supply Discussion - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #36
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
Re: Fuel Supply Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
No dude, you misunderstand me.
I do not intend to "act" like you are making it up.
Text is so impersonal and it's very difficult to convey your true meaning.
I believe you are doing exactly what you say you are doing.
I am just trying to understand "how" it is possible when so many other sources say it is not.

I rarely take anything at face value or blindly take anyone's word, I have to prove things to myself. I have a burning "need" to know the inner workings, know exactly how it is accomplished and to figure out how I might best benefit from that knowledge. My mind is not "made up" and on this subject it may never be, but I hate to have a "gaping hole" in my knowledge. That's why I keep asking you for details over and over.

P.S. You are not the only one. When I decided to learn how computers work I drove my next door neighbor (a computer programmer) nuts. He finally moved out and I think to this day it was to get away from me and my thousands of questions.

P.S.S. The guy using methanol injection provided me with an explanation as to "how" his engine could survive on less fuel and why it didn't lean out or detonate itself to pieces. Take that away from it and I'd be willing to bet that a couple of WOT passes would damage his engine.
well my friend runs 24's with 12 psi of boost on gt40p heads, explorer cam..and no fmu. he beats da tar outa his car, and has had his put together longer than mine. he hasnt had his dynoed yet either. now that i think bout it, he prolly makes a lil under four hundred (im guesstimating). but it would seem like the gt40p's would need more fuel cause of the compression ratio.

anyway... if we lived by each other, im sure ppl would say. "why do they hang out together? all they do is argue all the time" lmao

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post
well my friend runs 24's with 12 psi of boost on gt40p heads, explorer cam..and no fmu. he beats da tar outa his car, and has had his put together longer than mine. he hasnt had his dynoed yet either. now that i think bout it, he prolly makes a lil under four hundred (im guesstimating). but it would seem like the gt40p's would need more fuel cause of the compression ratio.

anyway... if we lived by each other, im sure ppl would say. "why do they hang out together? all they do is argue all the time" lmao
They probably would, but we would know it's because we have a common interest and desire to learn. We or I'll get this figured out eventually.

I have a cousin that I have worked with for many years. We have built engines and cars together both for the street/track and for restoration and show. We really do argue like this face to face, but we still love each other like brothers and either of us would do anything for the other.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #38
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse View Post
They probably would, but we would know it's because we have a common interest and desire to learn. We or I'll get this figured out eventually.

I have a cousin that I have worked with for many years. We have built engines and cars together both for the street/track and for restoration and show. We really do argue like this face to face, but we still love each other like brothers and either of us would do anything for the other.
well me and the rest of the law enforcement community and ME are glad to know your cousin hasnt felt the need to strangle you with a number 8 plug wire. even though he would prolly get off with sum sort of "temporary insanity/pure frustration" plea.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #39
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx View Post

well me and the rest of the law enforcement community and ME are glad to know your cousin hasnt felt the need to strangle you with a number 8 plug wire. even though he would prolly get off with sum sort of "temporary insanity/pure frustration" plea.
It almost came to blows a few times, but we managed to walk away without resorting to violence.

In my defense, I was right more often than I was wrong during those disagreements and he will admit that.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT