92 mustang lx notch - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #1

Region: Ohio
92 mustang lx notch

I'm new to this forum. I just thought this would be a good place to get a good opinion from you guys. I had a pretty nice 91 mustang gt, and about two weeks ago she got totaled because some girl wasn't paying attention and rear ended me going 55mph so you guys obviously know its gone. But I have a buddy whose got a 92 notch that he wants to get rid of. It's the most solid car I've ever been in, and it is quick. It chirps third and sometimes fourth an the motor is stock besides exaust. Its got some good suspension stuff and it really puts the power to the ground well. He would sell it to me for 4800, it's got 122000 on the body but he put a new motor in it with 70000 miles and I do know this for a fact. I just wanted to see if you guys thought it was worth it. Any thought on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2667624752.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	504.4 KB
ID:	50462   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1286065616.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	50463  

Foxbodystang91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: 92 mustang lx notch

Looks like it is in pretty good shape. I'd say $4,800 is a reasonable price for it.

P.S. As long as you are both ok is what really matters. Cars can be replaced or rebuilt.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #3

Thanks man! And that is true, we got very lucky. Do you think the miles are okay, for the price would the miles bug you at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
Pete Jones
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to 90mustangLX Send a message via AIM to 90mustangLX
That's in pretty good shape outside wise. 4800 isn't too bad at all for a clean notch. Normally see them going for a higher price cuz they are harder to come by.

89 LX Notchback
No motor/trans (for now)
90mustangLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #5

Yea it's pretty clean on the outside, the color is awesome in person. The motor is a little dirty but runs very strong and can easily be cleaned. The car actually use to run 11s in the 1/4 with the supercharged motor that was in it. Just a stock motor now. The only thing that bothers me a bit is where the supercharger was, he cut a little bit on the passenger fender apron, not to big though. I think I could just patch it with a little piece of sheet medal. This guy is and older man, about 50, and he's worked on mustangs for a long time.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: 92 mustang lx notch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbodystang91 View Post
Thanks man! And that is true, we got very lucky. Do you think the miles are okay, for the price would the miles bug you at all?
No, the mileage wouldn't bother me at all.
"Most" people take pretty good care of their Mustangs and you will likely be all over it modding, so any problem areas should be discovered and taken care of quickly.
The only thing that would bother me much is rust. I would go over it closely to ensure it is as solid as it looks.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

No, the mileage wouldn't bother me at all.
"Most" people take pretty good care of their Mustangs and you will likely be all over it modding, so any problem areas should be discovered and taken care of quickly.
The only thing that would bother me much is rust. I would go over it closely to ensure it is as solid as it looks.
You have a good point. I've gone through most of it top to bottom, it's very solid from what I've seen. I'll definitely check it again when I go take another look. I couldn't believe how much the suspension he had made such a difference. The motor is stock but the suspension really makes it put the power to the ground.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT