What kind of power.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
What kind of power....

Not a big deal.. Prob not a crazy number I make a lot of boost.. On a very mild build.. I wonder what kind of power I would make without tha SC maybe 300rwhp

Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri
Re: compression question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000 View Post
Not a big deal.. Prob not a crazy number I make a lot of boost.. On a very mild build.. I wonder what kind of power I would make without tha SC maybe 300rwhp
There is a formula in the SC & TC sticky that you could probably reverse to get an idea.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

There is a formula in the SC & TC sticky that you could probably reverse to get an idea.
Ok I totally suck at math obviously I tried the formula 14.7+15<-- my boost= 29.7/14.7=2.02.4.816

I'm stumped what next

Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Ok I totally suck at math obviously I tried the formula 14.7+15<-- my boost= 29.7/14.7=2.02.4.816

I'm stumped what next

14.7 + 15.0 = 29.7 /14.7 = 2.0204081 x 200 = 404.08 Boosted HP

The 200 is an estimated flywheel HP.
Increase it a bit at a time until the formula results in your Boosted HP or really close to it.
Then you will have to deduct 15% to 20% for drivetrain loss to get your un-boosted RWHP.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Awesome I was wondering where the 200 came from cool.. I'm gonna play and see what it is

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

I want to have a re-tune done soon if I can budget it.. I was watching my gauge at WOT yesterday and it only made 10psi I'm not sure if the guy I bought it from gave me an old dyno sheet or what. But I really want to back up my numbers with proof.. He said 420rwhp with 483 torque.. Just seems like a lot for my little heads.. But if it making 15psi I have a linked line or old cause it's only reading 10@ WOT
Old 05-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Awesome I was wondering where the 200 came from cool.. I'm gonna play and see what it is

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

I want to have a re-tune done soon if I can budget it.. I was watching my gauge at WOT yesterday and it only made 10psi I'm not sure if the guy I bought it from gave me an old dyno sheet or what. But I really want to back up my numbers with proof.. He said 420rwhp with 483 torque.. Just seems like a lot for my little heads.. But if it making 15psi I have a linked line or old cause it's only reading 10@ WOT
I'm going to move these last few posts into their own thread.
We can review your mods as you know them to be, to see if we can determine what might cause the drop, if there is one.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Well it's a 306 stock crank, h beam rods, DSS girdle kit, high volume oil pump, Arp bolts throughout, Trw .030 pistons total seal top piston ring. Clevite rings and bearings also, FMS B303 camshaft, double roller timing chain, AFR 165 heads with gt40 upper and lower ported to match felpro 1290 gasket polished and flow tested by Redman Racing, 42lb injectors stock fuel pressure I believe.. 1.6rr's, Mac headers O/R x pipe w/ pypes violators.. That's the engine mod list.. Also had a question the guy I bought it from said it had a chip with 3 custom tunes on it. I haven't tried to find it yet but I'm sure it's near the ECU but should I try the other tunes?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
Road Trip!
Supporter

Re: What kind of power....

Quote:
Well it's a 306 stock crank, h beam rods, DSS girdle kit, high volume oil pump, Arp bolts throughout, Trw .030 pistons total seal top piston ring. Clevite rings and bearings also, FMS B303 camshaft, double roller timing chain, AFR 165 heads with gt40 upper and lower ported to match felpro 1290 gasket polished and flow tested by Redman Racing, 42lb injectors stock fuel pressure I believe.. 1.6rr's, Mac headers O/R x pipe w/ pypes violators.. That's the engine mod list.. Also had a question the guy I bought it from said it had a chip with 3 custom tunes on it. I haven't tried to find it yet but I'm sure it's near the ECU but should I try the other tunes?
The "chip" will be plugged into your ECU, which is under the passenger side kick panel.
Not knowing what the tunes are I would be very careful trying them.

How does it switch tunes?
Do you have a handheld or dash mounted switch?

The best course of action would be to find out who tuned it and see if they have on record a description of each tune and what it is for.

Boost pressure loss can be attributed to several different things.
1. Heat.
2. Leaks in the pressure side of the system, tubing, connections, intake gaskets, etc..
3. Safety Bypass valve leaking.
4. SC damage or wear.
5. Pressure Gauge inaccuracies or leaks.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm new to learning on the tuning of mustangs..but I use to build and tune turbo imports..I would say head to a speed shop and see if they could diagnose what 3 tunes they are..cause it would really suck if maybe one of the tunes on there is a all motor tune and cause it to detonate under your psi

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

The "chip" will be plugged into your ECU, which is under the passenger side kick panel.
Not knowing what the tunes are I would be very careful trying them.

How does it switch tunes?
Do you have a handheld or dash mounted switch?

The best course of action would be to find out who tuned it and see if they have on record a description of each tune and what it is for.

Boost pressure loss can be attributed to several different things.
1. Heat.
2. Leaks in the pressure side of the system, tubing, connections, intake gaskets, etc..
3. Safety Bypass valve leaking.
4. SC damage or wear.
5. Pressure Gauge inaccuracies or leaks.
+1
bad_little_pwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
Forum Car Trader
Regular

I would say either a small leak or it has always been 10 psi.. I never watch the gauge much at WOT but the one time I did I noticed only 10 psi.. Idk about the 3 different tunes and if I can toggle the chip he said it was a sct chip with 3 custom tunes.. I'm gonna leave it be until I find a good local guy to talk with without paying.. I will call HPP and see if they keep there files thanks for the idea..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000
I would say either a small leak or it has always been 10 psi.. I never watch the gauge much at WOT but the one time I did I noticed only 10 psi.. Idk about the 3 different tunes and if I can toggle the chip he said it was a sct chip with 3 custom tunes.. I'm gonna leave it be until I find a good local guy to talk with without paying.. I will call HPP and see if they keep there files thanks for the idea..
If it has always been 10 but your pulley is speced for more, it could just be that your motor flows good. Those heads aren't the biggest but they do make good horse power.

I agree about being careful playing with the other tunes.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT