Coolant System Questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 22
Coolant System Questions

I have currently done a full rebuild and clean up to my engine along with many performance upgrades while coming to the last bits and pieces to do while on the stand i was curious how to run my coolant hoses from my heater core now that I no longer have a crossover tube I was wondering if any body could show me pictures on how they have done theirs with all sencors as im staying with the fuel injection

Thank You to those who respond
__________________
96 F150 Eddie Bauer
10 Focus
87 Mustang GT
08 Aprilia SXV 550
mcdonaldnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Coolant System Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldnick View Post
I have currently done a full rebuild and clean up to my engine along with many performance upgrades while coming to the last bits and pieces to do while on the stand i was curious how to run my coolant hoses from my heater core now that I no longer have a crossover tube I was wondering if any body could show me pictures on how they have done theirs with all sencors as im staying with the fuel injection

Thank You to those who respond
The tubes are probably the "cleanest" way to feed and return coolant to the heater core, but you could probably do it with hose and fittings too.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 22
Re: Coolant System Questions

I have an after market Edelbrock Performer Intake that has a taller lower plenium that will not allow rotation of crossover tube for instalution
__________________
96 F150 Eddie Bauer
10 Focus
87 Mustang GT
08 Aprilia SXV 550
mcdonaldnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Coolant System Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldnick View Post
I have an after market Edelbrock Performer Intake that has a taller lower plenium that will not allow rotation of crossover tube for instalution
Then, bend you up some new ones out of the appropriate sized copper tubing.
It won't rust and you can add fittings as needed for any sensors or gauges.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 22
Re: Coolant System Questions

That is fantastic that never even entered my mind thank you
__________________
96 F150 Eddie Bauer
10 Focus
87 Mustang GT
08 Aprilia SXV 550
mcdonaldnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Road Trip!
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Region: Missouri
Posts: 8,779
Re: Coolant System Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldnick View Post
That is fantastic that never even entered my mind thank you
You're welcome.
It comes from years of working as a plumber, electrician, mechanic, fabricator, pipe fitter, etc., etc..............and the necessity from being broke or needing something that just isn't available.


P.S. Type L or type K copper will work the best and lacking access to a bender you can fill the tube (pack it in good) with sand or other fine grained media, tape off the ends securely and carefully bend them to your desired configuration. Just be sure to clean & blow them out really good before using.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:26 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.