Black fox body GT's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Black fox body GT's

I am about to be replacing my headlights and tail light lenses. My cheese graters are cracked and not looking to go through the hassle to get new lenses painted so i wanna go with lx tail light lenses but they have been beaten to death,i hate euro lights but i been thinking about svo lenses,cobra lenses,etc.. im not sure so post your pics of tail lights and headlights on black gt fox bodies so i can figure out what im gonna do.
Nicolosi11480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
You not like mine cause they are kinda Euro, but not full blown. I do have pics when I had lxs on there.

And I have the economy head lights from 50resto with clear side markers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120520_215326.png
Views:	432
Size:	468.3 KB
ID:	51247   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120520_215351.png
Views:	491
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	51248  

Name:	ForumRunner_20120520_215414.png
Views:	652
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	51249  
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Re: Black fox body GT's

those headlights are exactly what i was thinking of going with. the lx tails look decent the others im not a fan of sorry thanks for the pics. they definetely help.
Nicolosi11480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
These are mine. Stock headlights. Clear corners. I got basic lx's in the back. I like the my cars to look clean rather then flashy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-631975445.jpg
Views:	10201
Size:	401.5 KB
ID:	51265  
89white GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Go SVO/Cobra tails.. LX look 'Ok' too IMO.. Really like the Cobras, especially if you do the Cobra spoiler.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I also went with lx lights
88fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Forum Car Trader
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89white GT
These are mine. Stock headlights. Clear corners. I got basic lx's in the back. I like the my cars to look clean rather then flashy
What size rims are on your ride? They look like my 18"saleens.. Just had a quick question. What size tires to you have on the rear? Did you have to run a spacer with them?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolosi11480
those headlights are exactly what i was thinking of going with. the lx tails look decent the others im not a fan of sorry thanks for the pics. they definetely help.
Your welcome. A lot of people aren't really into those tail. But I do like them. They were gifted to me in like New condition. They aren't as flashy as most Euro style and I think they look good on black. The lxs are nice to.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GTNovi2000

What size rims are on your ride? They look like my 18"saleens.. Just had a quick question. What size tires to you have on the rear? Did you have to run a spacer with them?
17x9's all the way around. 275/40/17 on the back and 245/40/17 on the front. And no I didn't run spacers with them
89white GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
Road Trip!
Supporter

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
Your welcome. A lot of people aren't really into those tail. But I do like them. They were gifted to me in like New condition. They aren't as flashy as most Euro style and I think they look good on black. The lxs are nice to.
dream, I have an idea for your tail lights that I think can be done fairly easy and I think you might like it too. ( New pain meds! So be forewarned!)
When I get the picture shopped I'll post it either here or in your "What it takes" thread.
Trojan Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

dream, I have an idea for your tail lights that I think can be done fairly easy and I think you might like it too. ( New pain meds! So be forewarned!)
When I get the picture shopped I'll post it either here or in your "What it takes" thread.
Lol. Ok let's see what you got!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
Lol. Ok let's see what you got!
All right, but try not to laugh too hard.

I think if you used some decal vinyl and cut out some Running Pony's over each tail light, then install a tail light sequencer that activates with the turn signals, this would look pretty cool. (Got lazy and only did one side.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dreamstang Tail Light idea.jpg
Views:	5586
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	51481  
Old 05-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Horse

All right, but try not to laugh too hard.

I think if you used some decal vinyl and cut out some Running Pony's over each tail light, then install a tail light sequencer that activates with the turn signals, this would look pretty cool. (Got lazy and only did one side.)
hmmm.. the only thing i could think of while waiting is... what the heck is he thinking of. lol. but that is actually a good idea. just by looking at the pic you made gave me several more ideas.

like maybe 3 different ponies so when they sequence it looks as if they are running. kinda like the old paper notepads when you draw a bunch of consecutive drawings and flip through them so it looks as if the object would be moving.

or use stickers for masking and actually tint them. then peel the stickers so it leaves the stickered area untinted.

but first things first i need to get the turn signal working. i have been lazy lately. but i am gonna think this over and save the pic. in a few months after i get her track worthy and tested, i think i may tinker with some of these ideas. i would want to try something removable to make sure it looks good. so if i dont like it i could take it off.

thanx trojan
Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
Road Trip!
Supporter

Quote:
hmmm.. the only thing i could think of while waiting is... what the heck is he thinking of. lol. but that is actually a good idea. just by looking at the pic you made gave me several more ideas.

like maybe 3 different ponies so when they sequence it looks as if they are running. kinda like the old paper notepads when you draw a bunch of consecutive drawings and flip through them so it looks as if the object would be moving.

or use stickers for masking and actually tint them. then peel the stickers so it leaves the stickered area untinted.

but first things first i need to get the turn signal working. i have been lazy lately. but i am gonna think this over and save the pic. in a few months after i get her track worthy and tested, i think i may tinker with some of these ideas. i would want to try something removable to make sure it looks good. so if i dont like it i could take it off.

thanx trojan
That's an even better idea!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Tags
fox body