Tps replacement - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Tps replacement

Went to check tps and voltage was way off .25 so I was going to adjust it and couldnt get screws out . Yes I soaked to make it short and sweet who has used which replacements and which ones don't work
95 5.0 stock tb
tbonestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Tps replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonestang View Post
Went to check tps and voltage was way off .25 so I was going to adjust it and couldnt get screws out . Yes I soaked to make it short and sweet who has used which replacements and which ones don't work
95 5.0 stock tb
I assume you mean the throttle position sensor by tps? I had a hell of a time getting those screws out. The instructions say to heat the the TB to X Some where above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and make sure to remove the intake. I ended up going to Home Depot and getting Bolt Off it is an amazing product. That was a 2 day project.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
I assume you mean the throttle position sensor by tps? I had a hell of a time getting those screws out. The instructions say to heat the the TB to X Some where above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and make sure to remove the intake. I ended up going to Home Depot and getting Bolt Off it is an amazing product. That was a 2 day project.

I had also ended up getting the part off and snapping the head off the screw and getting vice grips to remove the head.. Money well spent.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Heated it up too nothing worked had to tap the screws which appeared to be bonded to the metal sleeves in the unit so there is not way to adjust for the proper voltage so I'm just going to change it what brand did u use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonestang
Heated it up too nothing worked had to tap the screws which appeared to be bonded to the metal sleeves in the unit so there is not way to adjust for the proper voltage so I'm just going to change it what brand did u use
I just used MotorCraft. I didn't know there was any other brand available. The bolts are just terrible.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Thats one job I was so happy to be done with! I needed a strong drink after finishing.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Just ordered one from summit now just need to find the screws
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonestang
Just ordered one from summit now just need to find the screws
It should come with them. At least mine did.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1979-1995 Mustang GT