Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cobra motor?

2K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  Trojan Horse 
#1 ·
I have cobra heads, but the lower intake has the d in the number for cobras but my intake does not look like the cobra intake.. Cant you tell just by looks?

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

See less See more
#3 ·
WhiteCobra94 said:
Looks like a regular 5.0 intake manifold
I'll have to look at the number on the lower intake again. But I do have the cobra heads..

#7 ·
dreamstang said:
I agree with white cobra. Looks like a standard 5.0 intake. If you need help verifying the heads check the sticky section. There is a good article in the useful mustang info for gt40 identification.
I already know the heads did that last night working my way up.. Lol t5 world class teams with cobra heads and now working on the intakes will the number on the intake tell me the year it's from or anything?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

90GTNovi2000 said:
Your mustang is begging for a good detailing...just sayin,.
That pictures from about 2 months ago looks a little better now but idk how I wanna clean it because I don't wanna just spray the motor with water? And ideas?

#8 ·
sixpac said:
I already know the heads did that last night working my way up.. Lol t5 world class teams with cobra heads and now working on the intakes will the number on the intake tell me the year it's from or anything?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

That pictures from about 2 months ago looks a little better now but idk how I wanna clean it because I don't wanna just spray the motor with water? And ideas?
It should tell you.

#18 ·
Maddhatter88 said:
One way u can tell if it's a stock intake and upset intake is pull the upper off and if the holes are straight it's stock. If they are offset then It's a GT40 Only way I know is bc the old owner of my lx put GT40 intake and heads on mine
No need to pull the upper to tell, the offset is noticeable on the gt40.

Attachments

#22 ·
93slowstang said:
That IS the standard HO intake, here is a pic of my gt40 for reference. :good:
And no comments about how dirty my engine bay is, this was taken months ago. Lol
Your intake rounds up at the left side mine rounds down why?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Ignore that I read it wrong...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.